I could use a hug

Sue C

Thanks for the hugs everyone! It's not as hot outside today. Yea! I decided to take it easy and I'm drinking more water. I made sure I did not stand more than a few minutes at a time, and I took a long nap this afternoon. I'm feeling a little better tonight. :smile:

BigBadKitty -- Sorry to hear your mom has MS, too.

Janet -- No change in medications recently and I would not want to increase them again (I take 4 different kinds of anti-seizure medications; no medications for the MS itself). I finally had gotten rid of my double vision after 5 years after *I* figured out I was being overdosed! I have 2 different canes I used to use (one has a pretty brass bird as the handle). I brought out one and it made me feel so sad. I don't want to go back to using it. I have not used a cane since we have lived in this house and gone to this church. I would hate to go through all those questions again like I had to endure years ago. But if it absolutely becomes necessary, I'll just have to break down and use one. At one point about 16 years ago, I had to use an electric scooter because I could only walk holding onto furniture and could not walk outside at all. I had to use the scooter for a year or so. The scooter has been gone a long time because it broke down and we never had it repaired. It was a great way to get around, though!

Melissa -- I started having symptoms in 1983 and was not diagnosed until 1989; doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me. I totally understand the frustration you are going through. If you want to PM me, feel free.

I really should not complain. I am thankful I have the relapsing/remitting type of MS. I have a dear friend who has the progressive type, and she has been paralyzed for many years. All she can move is one hand and that is only slightly.

Sorry to have been such a whiner yesterday. I'll take some of that cheese now, please. :smile:

Sue