I don't "get it"...how do AOL and Facebook interact?

DDD

Once again husband and I don't understand modern technology..sigh. Here's what happened. Last night husband was on AOL and clicked on the Sports section. He was reading an article about a basketball player who, if I remember correctly, was injured. At the bottom of the article was "Comments" and lo and behold he saw a picture of difficult child#1 with his picture. Next to that was Comments and a note "are you here now?"

husband came to get me to "see" our kid was on AOL. It was a bit shocking. When difficult child#1 got home about thirty minutes later he looked at it and said "oh, that's from Facebook". I said "why would you be invited to comment? And these other comment contributors don't have Facebook written next to their comments?" His reply was "well, Mama, I keep my Facebook on all the time and if someone on FB has started a discussion they probably just asked me to join in."

WTH! I don't "get it". Can you guys explain? Did it just show up on our computer or on all local computers or what?? I thought each segment of the computer was independent. ??? DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It depends on whether you have your AOL and facebook accounts "linked".

For instance... I "liked" the WHIO page on fb. Now when I am on WHIO, I see all my friends who also "like" WHIO on fb.

I also have my Yahoo account linked to fb - so when I am logged in to fb, I am logged into Yahoo. It doesn't work the other way around.

As for how I did this? I have no idea. It popped up and asked if I'd like to, and in certain cases, I did, others, no.

busywend

DDD - I have no idea. You are NOT alone! I just got my first 'smart' phone. It is smart. Smarter than me for sure! Thank goodness the kids understand it. difficult child helps me with everything I want to do.

DDD

Can you "talk" to it and have it respond? If so....those phones are "almost" scarey to me. LOL DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL... I have a smart phone, but no Siri. If it talked back to be, I'd backhand it across the mouth... Hee hee...

DammitJanet

I love talking to my phone. Its normally the only thing that talks to me all day! I can tell it what I want to type in a text without actually using my fingers.

I actually got phone to move to a smartphone by putting a game on my phone that used a touchscreen. It was a fishing game and he loved it. He decided he thought he could handle having a phone like that if I would put that game on his. LOL. he wears his phone in one of those arm bands around his upper arm under his coat when he works so he doesnt damage it. It would be great it he could wear either earbuds or a blue tooth but he is mostly deaf in one ear so that is much of way to go all the time. He has them on and plugs the ear bud in when he feels the phone vibrate.