I don't want to get my hopes up but...

JKF

Two things - first I talked to the MHA worker and she said difficult child is next on the list for a bed at the Safe Haven. She's not sure exactly when the bed will be available but if should be soon. They have to do a background check on him first to make sure he doesn't have a history of violence which he doesn't so he should pass with flying colors. She also said not to worry too much if he's staying at the train station. She said he should be safe there bc it's warm and the police there are pretty tolerant of homeless people staying warm there if they need to.

The other thing is that I just talked to my dad. He and I had a rocky relationship for a few years but as I've gotten older we've gotten much closer. I explained everything that is going on and he said that if difficult child stays on his medications for the next 3 months and is stable that he would let him come out to Idaho and live in one of his apartments rent free (he owns an apt building) in lieu of difficult child helping with maintenance of the property etc. It seems like it might be a good idea in the future but difficult child definitely needs to be stable first.

I don't want to get my hopes up about anything right now but it seems there may be options available if difficult child is willing to work at it. THAT is the hard part though! Getting difficult child to comply! Sigh!

JKF

Thanks dash. I appreciate it so much! Like I said not getting my hopes up but maybe just maybe something will work out someday. I messaged difficult child on FB today to tell him to call the MHA worker and my dad but he never replied. I have no idea where he is or what he's doing. It's starting to hit me a little right now. I'm not panicking but I'm suddenly so exhausted that every muscle in my body hurts and I feel like I could sleep for days. Ahhh the joys of being 36 yet feeling like a 99 year old due to constant, nonstop stress.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Sending a prayer for difficult child to chill, get stable and go to your Dad's for a new opportunity. I know that level of stress fatigue JKF, I hope you get to not only sleep, but rest too. Acupuncture has helped me so much in that regard, learning to deeply relax. (((HUGS)))

This seems like all good news, I'm hoping this all works out for difficult child. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Your dad has made a very reasonable offer for difficult child. It has conditions of medication around it, offers safe living accommodations and a job that is good, respectable work without being too stressful. If difficult child can get himself stable in Safe Haven then it really sounds like a great opportunity for him. I will cross fingers and toes and pray that he heads in that direction.

I hope that the MH worker gave you a bit of stress relief by letting you know that the police are lenient on people sleeping in the train station when it's cold.

*I too understand that level of exhaustion and stress. Big hugs for you today. I hope it's going to be a good, positive day for you and difficult child.