I finally found one

crazymama30

Ever since I started this journey with difficult child son 5yrs ago, maybe 6, everyone who met him said he needed a social skills group. He was in one through the schools, but it really did not seem to do much.

I found one that targets his age group (middle schoolers) and his symptoms! Holy cow. You bet your sweet aunt sally I called and he has an intake appointment on 6/28, the same day I have an intake appointment with his neuropsychologist!

And, the neuropsychologist is going to be working with the group as well as an intern!

Now, lets hope that there are enough kids to have the group, they need 6 in order to run it, and they do not bill insurance, of course! I gave some brochures to difficult child son's therapist, and she was thrilled......really likes the 2 people involved............and smiled and said don't worry, she would be sure there were at least 6 kids there!!!!

crazymama30

JJJ, if you knew the area we live in you would be impressed. They don't really have many resources for adults with issues, let alone kids! I don't know if it will help any, but it sure cannot hurt. They will be meeting twice a week for 1 1/4 hour for 3 weeks. I have no idea how I am going to get him there, but I will figure that out!