I have an almost 2 year old...

DammitJanet

tossing dog food around my living room, smiling up at me, trying to force feed the dog and then running up to me saying "I wanna dink".

Oops...she wants more dink now peas! Does anyone wanna lay bets on if I can get her to pick all this dog food up?

donna723

Oh, how cute! I love it when they can talk clearly enough to get their ideas across and you can actually find out what's going on inside their little heads, after all that time of just wondering what it is that they want! Seems like she was just born, and now she's almost two! Of course, you know that I am soooo jealous of those of you with grandkids!

But do you actually pick up spilled dog food? I just call the dogs! My Katy is an expert at picking up spilled dog food ... her nickname is now "Hoover". Of course, she's usually the one who spilled it in the first place.

DammitJanet

Well Papa was the one at fault for showing her how to fill the darned dog food dish in the first place...lol. Then she took it upon herself to keep shoveling handfuls in the poor pups bowl...then it became a game to toss it in the air and the fun was on...lol.

She did get it picked up one time but then went and did it again...sigh.

She is really such a cute and helpful kid. She helped me get my laundry from my bedroom to the laundry room the other day and whenever we have groceries to bring in from the car she has to have her own bag to carry in. She is quite proud of the fact that she can now carry a bag of bread or cereal or toilet paper up the steps and into the kitchen...lmao. She gets it there and then hands it to us saying "heeya". This is the age I love the best. They understand what you say, you can pretty well understand them, they walk, they can play on their own, they want to please, and they dont go to school for someone to tell you how rotten they are.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO Janet. I had to crack up laughing.

Aubrey's been doing this for ages. Dogs don't mind at all, but the cat isn't too thrilled. lol

I have to keep the pet food up when she's home or it'll be everywhere.

It's worse when they decide to "be" a doggie and eat it out of the dish. ewwwwwww Went thru that a while back too. I *think* we finally got her to stop. Now if she'll just stop snagging the dog buiscuts we'll be home free.:faint:

I love 2 yr olds. Best entertainment on earth. lol

DammitJanet

Cory took her to the local water park today for Memorial Day. I could have saved him a ton of money. She is not fond of water at all! I have no idea why either. My boys were fishes but this one sees water and screams. I bought her this tiny little wading pool last year and she would have nothing to do with it if I even put half an inch of water in it. She doesnt even like bath time. We are going to try taking her to the beach as often as we can this year to try and get her more acquainted with it so maybe that will help. We can sit under the pier and let her dig sand castles and play in the tiny little pools of water that fill up. I just dont know what else to do.

I want her to enjoy swimming because its such a fun part of summer.