I miss my difficult child nephew

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That's it, just wanted to tell someone how much I miss him. The Friday following his admittance into the rehab program, our office moved. He wasn't here for it and he won't be for another 10 weeks, if he even ever comes back to work here. It's all up in the air.

I asked my brother in law/boss how nephew was doing and he said he didn't know but that they saw him last Sat and nephew seemed to think he was 'all better' (likely in the hopes of them taking him home). They are going again tomorrow. I want to see him, but first, I think it's too soon - he still has to be there for at least another month before I think it would be healthy for him to get any other visitors other than his parents. And second, I know my sister would just about flip out if I even asked to go see him, which really bothers me. As if my relationship with nephew is meaningless.

Anyway, no need to go on and on about it - I just needed to say it to someone: I miss my nephew and I'm really sad about it today.

trinityroyal

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Even if it is better for your nephew not to have visitors, it's hard not to be able to see or talk to someone with whom you have such a close bond.

Hope the rehab "takes" and that once he's out you'll be able to pick up where you left off.

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I know, Trinity, thank you. It's difficult, but I feel good in knowing that at least he's not using and he's safe. He happens to be in a facility that was founded by the same man who founded AA, "Bill".

M

ML

I like Janet's idea of a "thinking about you card". I think it is great that you have such a close relationship. He's lucky to have an Auntie like you.