I thought it was just the flu shot

susiestar

Roll With It
I finally got the flu shot on Monday. I started feeling awful, and today was the worst.

I kept as much separate from the family as I could, but apparently this isn't just the flu shot.

Jess and thank you were over at Gma and Gpas. I THINK it would have ended in them spending the night, as gma has been asking for that, as have the kids. and they have clothes, etc... over there for spur of the moment sleep overs.

But Jessie just came in looking so miserable, her voice so squeeky. She has exactly what I have. And it is NO FUN.

She is supposed to go to a get together with husband's elementary school buddies on Friday. Somehow I think Dad and thank you will go, and she won't. They will spend the night at the other grandparents and have a great time.

I realized I was down to the LAST cold tablet, so husband has been dispatched to get more medications.

Any hugs you could send to Jess would be appreciated. She is miserable. thank you isn't, and I am hoping that he doesn't get it.

Thanks.

everywoman

Sorry Susie. It's been hitting hard here. difficult child had it last week. He called in to sick one day and his boss heard him and told him to take the next day off as well as. My bff is also down with the crud as well. husband has been complaining, but he complains so much I never know if he is really sick or just depressed. He doesn't sound bad, so I can't be sure.

difficult child took a round of antibiotics, but it really didn't help him. We kept musinex in him and that seemed to help along with cough drops.

susiestar

Roll With It
I LOVE mucinex! It seems to really help when nothing else does. But I recently learned that the generic (store brand) kinds are only 4 hours. They are not extended release. I actually have better luck with that for some reason.

A friend who had gastric bypass was told this by her doctor. Long-acting or extended release medications don't work as well if you have had that surgery for weight loss. But I have found it is still cheaper to buy the store brand.

I can't wait until husband leaves tomorrow. I have a couple of things I want to do, namely list my old cuisinart so that I can use that to get husband's birthday gift. Bdays around Christmas are HARD!

I hope anyone else with-this feels better soon!

Jena

susie i'm sending you and jess hugs hey and you too everywoman.......

Hoping you feel better soon. I've had only the fever thing so i guess i've been lucky so far.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child is coming down with it. Supposed to be a lulu of a respiratory flu going around. She sounds awful and has just started having symptoms. She says it's been going around the hospital where she works like wildfire. Worse, she has to watch what medications she takes because of the pregnancy. I told her if her chest starts feeling tight or she gets bad to call the OB asap.

One of the worst pneumonias I had was while I was pregnant with her. ugh

Meanwhile Darrin has invited Nana to breakfast in the morning. I'm soooo glad I'm pumped up on my vitamins.

Hope you guys all feel better soon. Take it easy, get plenty of rest.

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm on week 2 of this darn cold and it's really wearing me down. I'm not sick enough where I can't go into work, but when I come home...I collapse. I bought a humidifier yesterday thinking the dry winter air wasn't helping. We'll see.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wishing all of you who are sick a quick recovery. I had the flu shot in November and am hoping it lasts. Sending hugs to all of you who aren't feeling well.

maril

So sorry for all you sick folks!

husband has had "something" that is hanging on, had passed it to me (I have minor symptoms, compared to him); some type of virus, I suppose. We both lost our voices at one point; I continue to be hoarse. He has been using Mucinex-DM; hasn't really said if it is helping him a lot. He is just wiped out, so, luckily, has had the opportunity to sleep a bit more (a little time off work); that can't hurt.

Hope you all feel better and many wishes for good health in the New Year!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie and Jess.....

Terribly sorry to hear you are both down with the flu. Here are some things I found out when I got that awful thing a week before my vacation.

1.) The flu is NOT a stomach bug - it's a respitory infection.
2.) There IS now a test for the flu. It takes 20 minutes.
3.) There is now a rapid 5 min. test for strep.
4.) There is a drug out called Tamiflu ($100) with ins. 24 hrs. later you are done with any symptoms (according to my tennis match dr.)
5.) When you are sick you can't overdose on vit. C - it just makes you pee.
6.) Drink a LOT of water. You'll pee out the infection more.

7.) Jess dear - pretend the flu is a turkey and KICK IT's FOWL self out of your system.

8.) Susi - if you are allergic to eggs, or some myacin type drugs or other antibiotics getting the flu shot can cause repsitory distress. (Didn't know that but I've a long list of medications I'm allergic to) I did not get the flu shot.

9.) Thinking of you both. Hugs & Love
Star