I tried something today....

canadianmom1

difficult child refused to go to school again today. I told him that if he wouldn't go to school that I wasn't going to do anything for him today. I told him that I would talk to him after he cleaned up the living room. Well he ended up missing his lunch and had soup and grilled cheese for dinner without me talking to him. The living room is still a mess. I don't know what else to do with him. Tomorrow I am going to drag him into the school kicking and screaming if I have to

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry for the rough day-refusing to go to school is something we fortunately haven't had to deal with. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Hugs.

canadianmom1

Well he is also refusing to bring his laundry down the stair..So I am refusing to do his laundry. It's going to be a very interesting morning explaining to the school why he is in pajamas.. LOL There are times when I can be more stubborn than him.

ROE

My difficult child was also 9 when he started the school refusal act. His Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) was emerging at the time and later became full-blown. Every morning was a battle field. I usually got him there, but whether or not he stayed all day was another story. Fortunately, the school was helpful in keeping him there most of the time.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Good luck.

F

flutterbee

School refusal has been a huge issue with my difficult child for several years now. I've had several days - too many to count - where I dragged her to school kicking and screaming. It's such a horrible way to start the day, for her as well as for me. We've had many "mediation" meetings with the school and a rep from juvie court because of it...at the school's insistence because of the amount of school she has missed.

Do you know what is prompting your child to not want to go to school?