Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ice in both

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • What is wrong with you folks? Ice in neither

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Chief

wife and I have argued for years about this.
I put ice in my orange juice. She thinks it's totally disgusting.
She puts ice in her milk. I think it's gross.
So, how about it everyone? Do you ice your milk, your OJ, or neither?

donna723

I would never put ice in milk because it would water it down as it melted - gross! But it would be different in OJ - don't mind if that's a little watered down.

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay, I am the crazy person in the poll who puts ice in both. I need milk to be ice cold to be able to drink it and the ice cubes do that for me. I also like my OJ to be very cold. In fact, come to think of it, I put ice cubes in everything except coffee. LOL

~Kathy

donna723

Actually I don't even remember the last time I drank a glass of milk! I use it in cooking and in my coffee and sometimes make hot chocolate with it, but I haven't just drank a glass of milk in years. But if I ever did, I would never put ice in it!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ice in milk with a dark roast coffee or kahlua.

Ice in OJ with champagne, vodka; I just like plain OJ with ice.

How about salt on watermelon?

Lothlorien

Linda, are you Italian? I love watermelon & tomato salad with basil, EVOO and salt. I eat melon with Prosciutto or Sopresata (sometimes cheese) all the time. We also put a small amount of salt on strawberries......salt brings out the sweetness in melons and berries.....YUM.

Eating a protein with fruit is actually much better for you because it helps to control your sugar level.

Marguerite

I would have ice in either, but more likely in orange juice. However, difficult child 3 got an ice shaver for Christmas and I've been using it to make my favourite drink, Greek-style iced coffee. It's mostly water, with a splash of milk. Coffee, lots of ice, and sugar (or sweetener) to taste. All shaken up until it's frothy, drink through a straw. Fabulous for quenching thirst, especially in summer (like now!)

An old boyfriend of mine used to drink ginger beer and milk, 50/50. Now THAT was sick! I'm so glad I never married him...

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ice in OJ or milk? Ugh! in my opinion.

Linda - yes, on grapefruit too. Of course I lived in west Texas for years, the salt was necessary to retain water...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just keep it ALL away from MY tequila - I mean seriously~

Matter of fact first time I saw DF in a night club he got up and offered me his seat. He offered to buy me a drink. I ordered Quervo Gold, neat. He was shocked when it came that I just shot it. He said "Can I get you something to chase that with?" I said "Bartender!!" and pointed to the bar in front of me tapping with my finger. They set me up with another just seconds later, and I shot that the same way - neat. I subsequently drank five more, got a ride home alone and woke up the next morning feeling fine.

I told him I didn't drink, but when I did? I saw no sense in fooling around with all the sissy lah lah stuff. Get in, get out, get done - Go home. :tongue:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Loth, no Italian in my bloodline ~ mostly of Dutch & French ancestry. My dad did the salt on watermelon & yes, Step, on grapefruit as well. What I never was able to handle was the sugar on tomatoes even though it cuts down the acid.

So I grew up with that stuff; I spent a lot of years in Seattle so the iced coffee (espresso brew) is wildly refreshing to me & I put the end of a pot of coffee in the fridge. I get my calcium & vitamin D for the day with those coffees. In summer I haul out my espresso maker & make iced latte's & all sorts of coffee drinks.

Step, I haven't bought a grapefruit all winter - have to get one when I run errands tomorrow.

DammitJanet

Im with those who only put ice in my drinks with liquor...lol.

However, I also am with Star that I do like my tequila straight! (Do like margaritas too though) I guess I just like tequila...lol.

KTMom91

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor...

And if we survive that, we could dance the samba on the way to the chips and salsa...

Mmmmm...tequila!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Star* you scare me!:wildone::hellosoldier::bloodshot::coffee2:

I was a Crown Royal girl during my Yout' now I like sissy drinks... and only one.

Ice only with a cocktail.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Used to be only 2 ways I drank tequila.

1 - straight shots.
2 - in a margarita. THAT, on the rocks, not frozen. NO SALT.

Since BFF's 21st birthday party (2001... a while back LOL), I have not been able to drink "to-kill-ya". One exception was in December, had a berry margarita (not normally my favorite) at dinner with husband. Nice and mellow feeling!

I just don't like the blackouts I now associate with it. I've been told I stated as long as I could find the floor I was not drunk. Yeah sure.