Impressed With Diffcult Child's Choice

Bunny

Difficult Child bowls on Friday nights. It's teams of two. When he joined the league it was just before it started and all of his friends had already paired up, so for the first few weeks he bowled alone. Then another girl, M, joined the league and she was paired up with Difficult Child. She's a new bowler, and not great at it, but she tries hard and has been getting better each week. And the two of them seem to get along well, which is always a plus.

This week started the second half of the season, and if the kids wanted to change teams they were allowed to. One of Difficult Child's friends, J, asked him if he wanted to bowl with him instead of M. J is a really good bowler and also bowls with Difficult Child on Saturdays, so I almost expected him to jump at the chance. He just looked at J and said that that wouldn't be a nice thing to do to M, and he was going to stay with her for the remainder of the season.

I almost fell over! I now how fickle teens are, and even the best of them will jump ship to be with their friends. I told him that I was really proud of him to sticking with M.

Bunny

We took him to get some practice in yesterday and he asked if he should text M to see if she wanted to come, too. She did and they seemed to have a good time.

Really what I would have liked was for Difficult Child to get together with a bunch of friends and bowl, but he won't do that.

InsaneCdn

The fact that he wanted to include M is HUGE. He doesn't need a "bunch of friends", he may only be able to handle one at a time, but friendship one-on-one is superior anyway.