Is my daughter a sadist/psychopath?

Jane24

I have a daughter who is turning 16 in september.
Yesterday I asked her if I could use her laptop to search something on Google because mine was broken and she let me do it.
When I searched something about food I accidentally closed the window, then went to history to go back to that site. In the bottom of the history page I saw she entered a site something about animal cruelty. It seemed very strange to me and I entered that site, then I was shocked.
She watched more vids but I put only this link. I didn't want to put this link here but I couldn't describe what I saw, I'm still shoked.
I watched it about 1-2 minutes then started to cry. That poor puppy! I asked her why she had watched those videos and she said that she had watched them because she liked that kind of videos. I asked her more and I found that she's been watching this kind of videos for a year and she thought it was normal to enjoy watching that. She said she had even downloaded some videos with people abusing children and animals. She found some of those videos very funny and some of them very good. She didn't care about those animals who were suffering or even dying. It wasn't a sexual pleasure. It was a pleasure similar to our pleasure when we eat something that we really love, but the difference was that when watching some of them her heart started to race really fast like she was very excited.
She's always been cold hearted person but I didn't think it was something serious.
Being still shocked, I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

pasajes4

Welcome to our sad little corner of the world. I am sure you are in a state of shock. It is good that she was honest with you. My opinion is that you need to get her into a therapist/ psychiatrist as soon as possible. When and if you feel like it, you might want to give a little more history of what has been going on with your daughter. Please keep reading posts and posting when you need to.

Jane24

Edit: we are a good and understanding family, we always talk to her about anything. At school she is aggresive but only when someone behaves badly with her.
She is an internet troll. She makes fun of people or things they like until they cry or become very angry. She doesn't stop but they would never respond her back. She steals people's accounts in video games. She doesn't know how to hack but she manipulates them and they willingly give her their passwords and then she changes the passwords and steals everything on their accounts.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Jane

I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I would be shocked to see this on my child's computer also.

I don't even want to watch the video because what you describe in itself is disturbing. I agree with Pasa, your daughter needs some type of help.

Are there any animals or younger children in your home?

Jane24

Jane

I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I would be shocked to see this on my child's computer also.

I don't even want to watch the video because what you describe in itself is disturbing. I agree with Pasa, your daughter needs some type of help.

Are there any animals or younger children in your home?
Thank you for answering. No, there aren't any animals or children in our home.

ksm

These are huge red flags! I won't watch them, I will take your word for it.

She needs professional help as soon as possible.

Jane24

Has she ever started fires? Did she wet the bed past the normal age?

I definitely think she needs counseling.
Thank you for your answer. No, she is afraid of fire since our house was about to burn. She once wetted the bed but long time ago, when she was about 6.

pigless in VA

I'm sorry, Jane. I agree that counseling is in order. I think I would also remove online access for her given her behaviors. Welcome to a place where you can honestly discuss the issues you face.

JRC

Jane24, I didn't watch the video you posted. If someone could delete the link I think that would be appropriate.

How do you know about your daughters online behavior, i.e, getting passwords, acting like a troll, making people cry? etc? Did she tell you this?

Also, someone here recently told a story very similar to yours about their daughter, including that their house almost burned down.

Last edited:

Jane24

Jane24, I didn't watch the video you posted. If someone could delete the link I think that would be appropriate.

How do you know about your daughters online behavior, i.e, getting passwords, acting like a troll, making people cry? etc? Did she tell you this?

Also, someone here recently told a story very similar to yours about their daughter, including that their house almost burned down.
Thank you for answering.
Yes, she did tell me about that when i asked her yesterday.

TweetyD

This type of behavior is a HUGE RED FLAT.........read up about Jeffrey Dahmer. Your daughter is 12 and gets a feeling of excitement about this!!! I hope one of the people she has scammed will turn her into the police. She's skating on very thin ice, she just might piss off the wrong person and they may seek revenge. She could be putting your entire family into danger. Get her into counseling now. She has to face consequences for her behavior.

Lila256

I agree with all other members that have posted here. There definitely needs to be some type of intervention, particularly since you will only have the legal ability to get her that help for the next couple years. My stepson was abusing animals for years, and we didn't catch on until well after it had been happening (because of communication issues between his biological mom and his father) when I noticed my cat's whiskers missing and started to hear the cat cry when I wasn't watching. He was pretty indignant when we called him on it because to him it had been normal behavior for what life he could remember. In the last year in particular, this has exploded into violence against other human beings, adult and child. Whether she specifically is psychotic or not, this is not normal behavior and can become far worse.

Nomad

Staff member
Welcome. I'm sorry you are hurting. I do not see a link. Perhaps if there was one, it was removed.

I too think she needs counseling. This is not healthy . It is concerning.

I'm glad you do not have animals in the home. I think you absolutely won't be able to get one...probably ever.

It is fortunate that you stumbled across this information and interesting that she speaks with you about freely. Concerning that she doesn't recognize it has a negative but very good that she can open up to you. Because she can do this, maybe she will do well in therapy.

As best as you can, pay close attention to friends/who she hangs around with.

You might consider at least short term therapy privately for yourself. These things are very draining.