It's like he is two different kids

Wiped Out

Staff member
and one of them is driving me absolutely crazy:crazy2:

First there is the difficult child that I took to the water park yesterday, went out to dinner with, and stayed at a hotel with (driving me nuts 'cause I know I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition:teacher:). We had so much fun and he was so sweet. He would ask me which slide I wanted to do next, did I want the front or back seat, etc.... He kept telling me how much fun he was having and how cool I was for taking him. It was great to spend the one on one time with him in this environment (husband, easy child/difficult child, and our niece were painting so I was in charge of distracting difficult child). He kept giving me hugs and kisses. He accepted "no" when necessary. I'm not overly surprised he was good but it would have been nice to have it last a little longer.

Today he is back to his normal self. He woke up early at the hotel and started demanding to eat and go swimming. Then we got home and all he has been doing is seeking negative attention all day. At one point we were on the way home from his therapist appointment and he opened the car window quite a ways down (he knows I don't like that when it is cool outside). I decided to tell him it was fine today so then he starts sticking his hand out and doing all sorts of weird things just to get me to tell him he needed to stop-grrrrrr.

In addition he is sticking to husband and me like glue which is usual and annoying in itself, however, the fact that we are on an extended break (spring break) is making it even more difficult. It's impossible to even have a conversation with-o him barging in on it. If he hears us trying to have conversation he interjects about something totally different.

He's been sassy and generally oppositional all day long. Yet when I all of a sudden got an intense pain in my knee tonight the other difficult child returns offering to get me ice, get me a pillow, etc...

His mood changes are impossible to keep up with when one minute he is joking and the next well, you know. Honestly he can be so sweet and then so nasty, and then so sweet, and then so nasty....:hamwheelsmilf: ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be rambling, but this kiddo is driving me insane right now!

T

TeDo

Can't offer any advice but can offer (((HUGS))) and support. I just hate the Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde of some of our kids. I never know which one I'm dealing with until it's too late.

More {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}}

crazymama30

All I can say is I can so relate.......i would trade you feeds if I could, bet mine would be fine for you as yours would be fine for me!

Wiped Out

Staff member
TeDo-I know what you mean about not knowing which one you are dealing with until it's too late.

CM-I'm up for that trade:)

InsaneCdn-Definitely a teenage and in full difficult child mode=no fun.

Buddy-lol!

TerryJ2

Oh, my! I'm so sorry. I like that he got ice for you, though.
Buddy, lol!!!
P.S. It's okay to end a sentence with a preposition when you have a difficult child.

InsaneCdn

(driving me nuts 'cause I know I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition).
Bad! Down! Back away, right now.
That preposition rule? Doesn't exist. Really. It was made up by some teacher, 100 years ago, because of some smart-ass student that he/she couldn't find a way to put back in their place, so he/she deducted marks for breaking this "rule" about prepositions.

Well, OK, the rule does exist... if you are writing a university thesis or other really formal doctor.

On the BOARD? If the teachers around here start marking our english, I think we're all doomed!

:biggrin: