It's so nice to be "needed"......NOT

susiestar

Roll With It
sorry about the phenergan allergy. Zofran (generic ondansetron) and compazine are still used here and can help. zofran comes n pills and in oral dissolve pills, which make it easier if you are unable to swallow.

In addition to ginger candy, ginger tea is simple to make and one of the best anti-emetics that medicine knows of. You buy a bit of ginger root at the produce section of the grocery, refrgerate it at home. when needed, slice off the end, then 2-3 slices the thickness of a dime each and put them in a cup. Pour in hot water and steep for 3-4 min and drink. add honey and lemon as desired.

Make sure your ginger ale has real ginger in it, and that ginger candies do. We like gingees for candy and the health food stores here sell them.

Benadryl is an anti-emetic just like phenergan, fyi. seems weird to me, but it is the same knd of medication as phenergan and it is used in some hospitals ths way. Has NOT worked at home that way for us though.

donna723

The Benadryl seemed weird to me too but my daughter's OB had her taking it for her morning sickness and it worked!

T

TeDo

sorry about the phenergan allergy. Zofran (generic ondansetron) and compazine are still used here and can help. zofran comes n pills and in oral dissolve pills, which make it easier if you are unable to swallow.
That's what the doctor gave him in the dissolvable pills. He took one and so far so good. We haven't tried much but he was able to keep a few swallows of Gatorade (per doctor) down. We'll try something solid in a little bit and see how that goes. He's reluctant to try but at the same time complains that he's STARVING and because he hasn't had his medications since yesterday.....yea.....he's bouncing off walls and talking non-stop.

InsaneCdn

Don't get too heavy on the initial solids. Scrambled or soft-boiled eggs, applesauce or canned fruit, (not pudding - dairy is usually better to wait), banana, arrowroot cookies, well-cooked veggies, soup, that kind of thing.

T

TeDo

He's doing very well, Hound. That pill they gave him worked wonders!! He went to his Boy Scout meeting (they have an event this week-end that he needed to get the low-down on) and he came out afterwards all excited because he ate a piece of pizza and "it tasted awesome and I still feel fine". UGH

He is sound asleep with no complaints of anything. I plan to go slow but not sure he'll cooperate. LOL

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. I REALLY love you guys!

susiestar

Roll With It
he probably gone ondansetron (zofran) and it does work quite well. we still prefer phenergan, because it does work better, but we use zofran if we are out. the er gave me an rx for the dissolvable pills and i can't use them because they have aspartame, but they are great for jess and husband, who can use them. thank you and i can't have that much aspartame. he can have a piece of gum with it, but any medication makes him wheeze.