It's wisdom teeth day!!!

KTMom91

And Miss KT is driving me crazy! :faint: She wants to know exactly what's going to happen, and she freaked when I told her they might need to use a scalpel...but she calmed down and laughed when I asked her if she'd prefer they used a pair of scissors. She's afraid of the anesthetic, she's afraid it's going to hurt, she's afraid she won't wake up, she's afraid of the needles...

I understand her fear of the unknown, and I can't reassure her because I don't know exactly what the oral surgeon will have to do. I told her what you ladies had said, but she'd rather believe her goofy little friends and their excessively melodramatic statements.

Anesthetic leftovers and no medications. Sigh. I'm afraid this will be a very long day.

Andy

So, how is it going? Wisdom teeth removal is a biggie for kids. I told my kids that there would be pain but there will also be pain medications and I would be home while they recouped. The nurses, docs, ect. are also very good these days to pamper and prepare.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hope everything went o.k. I had mine removed when I was in my 30's. The worst part was after the drugs wore off at home :( I just remember sleeping A LOT the first day or two.

KTMom91

She only had the top two teeth! The bottom ones weren't there. We stopped at Jamba Juice on the way home, she finished a giant White Gummy Bear, called my mom to bring her Burger King, had chicken strips, fries, and a large Dr. Pepper, then went outside and washed her car.

We went to pick up the dog at the vet (he had a bump removed from his hip), and she brought him in, made him comfortable, watched Dr. Phil...and crashed. She's in bed now.

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL See....such a good freak out wasted on nothing! Still, she'll probably be a bit tender when she wakes up....can't believe she ate all that food! But...I am thinking that if she was going to have major swelling, it would have hit by now.

erm....

Maybe you should go check out the size of her face.

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad she did well. I was totally freaked by the idea of them too. Mostly because when my mom had hers out I was about 7 or 8. My mom had a reaction to the pain medication and threw up blood for an entire day. My dad TOTALLY freaked out - I remember him THREATENING the oral surgeon that if he didn't call in a different pain medication AND something for the nausea my dad was going to come to his house and make HIM throw up the way my mom was! (My dad is fine with MANY things, but having his wife hallucinate and vomit bloody yuck up from pain medications is NOT one of them.Well, mostly ANYTHING that made mom sick in those days my dad was ready to go hurt someone until they made ehr better, LOL) The doctor DID give a different prescription or 3, I remember the trip to the pharmacy because dad and I got cherry cokes at the ice cream store (BIG treat in those days, esp in the evening) and then we rushed the medications home to mom. It was the first time I had take out from the ice cream place!

Anyway, for many teens wisdom teeth are no big deal. And it is not uncommon for some of them to not have come in.

Glad she is doing better and that it is over.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad she did well.

I never had the top ones either. Just the lower ones and the one I had removed via surgery was a breeze......until the next morning I woke up with a dry socket. OMG the pain made me want to die. by the way there is a gel for this....stops the pain almost on contact and no more problems.