Juice Plus Helps?

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Has anyone tried Juice Plus with their kids (difficult child or otherwise)? I was a skeptic for a long, long time because the product is sold as a multi-level marketing product (like Amway).

However, many people that I've known for a long time have started taking the stuff, and they absolutely swear that it's making a difference in their lives. So many problems and illnesses being caused by poor nutirition these days. Other problems can be made worse by poor nutrition. That's the hook Juice Plus uses to get people to buy in to their product.

Even my wife is on the stuff now, but hasn't been on for the full three months they say it takes for real changes to start showing up.

I'm willing to try it for my difficult child (his eating habits have worse nutitional value than a rat gets from a chinese restaurant dumpster). Don't know how much it'll help - anyone else use the stuff?

TIA,
Mikey

Lothlorien

Poor nutrition can cause a lifetime of medical issues. If it's a nutrition drink, I suppose it couldn't hurt to try it. If you start to notice adverse reactions, stop it.

There was this woman that worked for me for a time. I definitely think she had a learning disability. She was in her 30's at the time and her neighbor got her into one of these drinks.....he told her it was Potassium drink, but I have my suspicions, because she got really wacky when she was drinking this stuff and she began making mistakes with things that she knew very well. She was showing signs of confusion and irritation. This woman began getting short with customers. I finally put two and two together and realized that it was this stupid drink this guy got her to drink. When she stopped it, she got back to normal.

So if you aren't sure about it, speak with his doctor.

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Hi Lothlorian. Don't want to post too much about this stuff, because I don't want to seem like I'm endorsing it or spamming the boards. It's not a drink, it's capsules that you take two or three times a day. If you do a Google search, you'll get more info than you can read in a day.

I'm really hoping that someone out there with a difficult child or two has tried this product, and can tell me what the results were. Like I said, I'm very skeptical of anything that is sold via multi-level marketing, but I've had so many people I trust swear by the stuff (including my own primary doctor) that I'm intrigued.

Don't know if poor nutrition is making my difficult child's acting out worse (he already refuses to take his medications for ADD). Also tried St. John's Wort for a time, but he said it made him wonky like the other ADD medications we tried before we found Focalin. However, difficult child said he'd try Juice Plus if it was, in fact, just vegetables, berries, and fruits - no wierd drugs, herbs, or other substances/supplements (coming from a pot smoker, that statement almost makes me laugh).

Mikey

ryansmom7

i used juice plus about 5 years ago and it was a good supplement. it made me not have cravings nearly as much for certain "garbage" foods. it made my diet of what i was missing feel complete. so i dont think it will make your child feel weird. it was a product i truly believe in. the only reason i quit using it was the distributor i bought it from was no longer at my work place.

Lothlorien

Mikey,
I have a friend whose son won't take his medications for depression because it gives him "false happiness" but he will smoke pot and drink with his friends. Don't get that logic either.

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lothlorien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mikey,
I have a friend whose son won't take his medications for depression because it gives him "false happiness" but he will smoke pot and drink with his friends. Don't get that logic either.

</div></div>

Don't know about your friend, but I'm pretty sure (and difficult child's therapist is as well) that the difference stems from control and defiance. difficult child won't take his ADD medications because someone else says he should. He uses the same two arguments, either "it makes me feel wierd", or "it sucks out my happiness". He will, however, smoke up a bowl on his own because its his choice to do so, even though pot pretty much does the same thing.

Can anyone visualize a 4yo stomping and pouting I CAN DO IT MYSELF!

Mikey