Jungleland...you jinxed me!

DammitJanet

Now I have a horrible toothache! The entire lower right side of my jaw and up into the joint are killing me. My two back teeth are throbbing. I only have two back there cause all the others have been pulled already.

Im gonna have to call the dentist I guess. I have already taken 4 motrin and a lorcet this morning. Im gonna call around to the local pharmacies to see if anyone sells those ketoprofins.

Jena

toothaches are the worst, i personally think their worse than childbirth!!

This is going to sound totally insane, yet i've struggled with teeth issues time to time as well had so many pulled etc. what worked for me wasnt' the advil or motrin it was cold milk. yup strange. **** on hold milk put it back there for 2 minutes at a time, than cold compress on your head get away from anyone and everyone put yourself in a comfortable quiet room and deep breath.

like i said sounds nuts lol, yet it worked for me when nothing else would.

i hope the pain goes away soon. i know it's horrible!!

DammitJanet

Oh this is horrible!

I called the dentist. They could have gotten me in at 2 today but when they asked if I was on any medications and I told them I was on warfarin that stopped everything cold. I cant be seen until I get off of the warfarin which means I have to call my GP and get his permission to stop that medication and have them fax the dentist that I am stopping the warfarin.

I called all my local pharmacies to find the Orudis KT only to find out that they have discontinued making it and you can only by generic Ketoprofen by prescription now.

I have called my GP but I cant get through to my GP's nurse because she is "busy" so I have to call her back at 2. Maybe I can get her to call in some Ketoprofen...maybe. They dont like to call in prescriptions. Especially scripts you havent been on before. I probably also should ask for an antibiotic.

I would go to the ER but I couldnt drive home after they gave me a shot and I have no one to drive me home other than Billy and well...I dont know if he could.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oooowwwww! I hope they can do something for it quick! That's one of the worst pains I've ever had... thought my head would come off. Ended up needing a root canal :(

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Oh, I am soooo sorry! Yikes! Mine still hurt, it hoovers, BIG TIME!! I pray they can work out your situation and get you in ASAP! Not sure when I'll be able to afford the root canals, thinking I will just have them pulled. Can't do anything till next month, NO $$!!!

Hugs and let us know how you are,
Vickie

DammitJanet

I never get root canals...simply cant afford them. Even when I worked for the county my dental insurance didnt cover enough of the cost to allow me to get a root canal.

I just called Tony to tell him about my tooth and he told me he woke up in the middle of the night with a toothache too! His mouth is in horrible shape. He has only been to the dentist one time in his life. His parents never took the kids to a dentist the entire time he was growing up. He went about 5 years ago and got one tooth pulled. He needs about 5 or 6 more pulled now...and that is a low estimate. He has one dead in front, one that has completely broken off on the side and one that just split in two in the back.

DammitJanet

Oh good grief. This is like pulling teeth!

GP nurse finally calls me back. I can stop the warfarin. They wont call me in the ketoprofen because I have never been on it before. Sigh. Never mind it is a drug that used to be sold OTC! Never mind that the lorcet isnt touching the pain. Never mind ketoprofen isnt even a narcotic. Good grief. I cant even get an antibiotic called in. She has to talk that over with the on call doctor again...I havent heard back.

If it gets any worse I will go to ER and have Cory drive me home. Or maybe I will wait till tomorrow and go while Billy is at work and get him to try to drive really slow home on back roads. Sigh.