Just got a response from my surgeon, my discharge orders were a mistake.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
So I can start full ROM on the wrist tomorrow (too late today) and am released for full weight bearing as tolerated.

While I'm happy to get this straightened out, it is very irritating to have wasted 2 days doing so, and I guess I'm so frustrated because its far from the first time.

Oh well, I'm going to WALK outside now.

(and never take a doctor's word as gospel...)

InsaneCdn

(and never take a doctor's word as gospel...)
You already knew that, right???

:rollingpin:

Most of what we get in life, we have to go get for ourselves. And somehow, that also includes... medical instruction.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I figured. You and easy child's injuries (ankle wise) were very similar.

Irritating when they do that though.

When husband was discharged.........he actually had conflicting discharge orders. Thankfully, I had the knowledge to know what I was supposed to do. ugh

Steely

It is scary as it is maddening that a dr can mess so much up!!!
Glad you can walk now - and glad things are finally progressing forward.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The list of mis- or non-communication in that hospital system from this whole injury is maddening. Not so much for me, but the people who can't advocate for themselves. Its just scary. They left me in a neoprene padded neck brace for 3 days in the hospital when my chart says, in huge red letters, I have a neoprene allergy. "Someone is checking on it"...took 3 days and I never saw the same doctor twice. What if I were a person that had a severe reaction instead of it just slowly burning off my skin? They left my stitches in for almost 5 weeks. Someone just "happened to notice" when they called to reschedule my followup that I hadn't been in to have them out. When I did go in, they took out the stitches then tried to put me in a neoprene-lined boot! They finally decided to reset my cast and didn't put my foot at neutral. I could go on and on.

And what if I took this doctor's orders and followed them for the next 18 days? In 18 days, I can regrow some pretty substantial scar tissue - which was half the surgery I just had done - to cut out scar tissue. It worries me for others.

Heck, the orders for the surgery weren't even right.

TerryJ2

OMG. I would be writing up that hospital. (Just like I'm doing for my cousin P this wk.)
I am so glad you were on the ball for most of the issues. Scary stuff.