Just to share how clueless I am...

JJJ

I pulled into the parking lot of the social security office to get a new ss card for Kanga. I grab the folder with my kids birth certificates. Out falls her ss card. (For those of you that missed the earlier post, I tore my house apart looking for it as it was required to apply for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) grant.)

Well, at least I found it.

nvts

(snort, snicker, snort, snort) eh-hem! Can't say that's ANY worse than me looking for my cell phone that was IN MY POCKET!

You're right. At least you found it! I called the cell phone from the house phone and it rang. Although I hate the phrase, I had to give myself a good old fashioned:

"DUH!!!!"
Hope the day got better!

Beth

dreamer

Today I was in the store at the military base. Becuz of increased security, we are supposed to present our IDs at the door and at all registers and if any store personnel ask. SO I was walking around (husband and easy child were at the photo place on base, gtting easy child her new replacement photo ID) and a strange man walked up to me and said- hmm.this looks like you. And he handed me my military ID! Turns out I dropped it in one of the stores there.

I could not have been more grateful- without it I could not have done my grocery shopping (and groceries are MUCH cheaper there)

My favorite is when I go to make a deposit at the bank- and get tobank to realize I left the deposit at home on the kitchen table. Yeesh. LOL.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I can't tell you how many times I have paced the house looking for my cell, only to find it in my pocket. Duh.

The other one is my glasses. I only wear them when I need to see (don't bag on me), but they are usually on my head.:furious:

Abbey

dreamer

I doubt I could lose my cell no matterhow hard I might try...cuz the kids keep calling, nonstop.

My silly glasses? Yikes, I never had ones that would stay on my head until this most recent pair.and dang! Now they tangle in my hair REALLY badly..and the kids hav to come rescue me and get these monster out of my hair several times a day. LOL

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL been there done that. I would almost be tempted to send in for a replacement card anyway so you have a backup if you do lose one.

Could have been something REALLY stupid! My aunt once went to a mailbox on the street to mail letters. The letters were in one hand, her clutch purse in the other. Guess which got mailed.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...sad confession. I am a bra stuffer. I put everything in there. So, I'm 42 when I get my first cell...stuffed it in the bra. The VERY same day it disappeared. My husband thinks there are secrets of the Earth in there.

Abbey

dreamer

I tried putting things in my bra, but - I did not like it, LOL.....so- I got a clip on my cell, and where do I hang it? from the front collar of my shirt or blouse, so now everything always looks even more saggy than they already are. LOL.BUT I seldom lose that ringing thing, and I can now hear it when it does ring. Now my biggest fear is I might forget to unclip it when doing laundry- and it might wind up in washing machine. This is partly solved by useing the alarm on the cell as my morning wake up alarm clock. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've always kept my kids SS cards in the photo compartment of my wallet. (although it's made my mother crazy for years)

There is a logical reason for this. Everytime I attempted to put them into a "safe" place, it would take an eternity, and a nervous breakdown, to find them again. I did the same with shot records.

Actually, Travis and Nichole's SS cards are still there. Both kids demanded to "care for their own" upon turning 18. After losing them several times, they decided to let me have them back to keep for them. lol

Now birth certificates have driven me so bananas over the years, that I have at least 5 legal copies of each kid's birth certificate at all times. Getting a new copy for Travis and Nichole is just a pain. Getting one for easy child is a MAJOR pain. She was born in Illinios, not Ohio. So I either have to get my mother to send me a copy. (and listen to her hours long speech) or send off for one and wait to get it via mail.

I don't think you're clueless. Seems like everytime I really need something I can never find it.

Hugs

dreamer

NOw that I think about it, I taped my kids soc sec numbers on a peice of white adhesive tape inside a kitchen cabinet....just numbers, it does not SAY it is their soc sec...just their first initial and then the numbers.
Yeah, I keep their ss cards with mine, yes, in my purse, and yes, I also have several legal copies of all our birth certs.....I keep them with the monthly bills, LOL.....becuz it sure seems I need them about that often! I also hold on to their library cards, and pool passes.

As for loseing things? ALL my keys are on a clip that clips to my purse, with one of those coiled springy things..and I simply leave my keys clipped to my purse.

Now...I was always afraid I might lose my son when he was a baby..always nervous since I had 2 older kids and husband, that we might all simply assume someone else had the baby? LOL- the kids still tease me unmercifully cuz I STILL am ALWAYS saying wheres lil dude? And MOST of the time he is immediately behind me or to one of my sides, just out of my line of vision, and by now, all the kids just LOL at me and help hide him while I turn and turn frantically seeking the boy child. Plus they also now tease me becuz, well it is not like he is all so little anymore. LOL. But I just always thought, gosh, thats one thing I never want to forget or misplace.....the baby. LOL. Not sure anyone has a replacement copy of him.

dreamer

I can be terrible clueless.....so I compensate by being pretty strict about certain things, like my keys and their clip? We have a very large calender in the most prominant place in the whole house. Threat of death to anyone who does not help make sure things get put on it, and to anyone who does not check it every morning....and every evening. It has hung there the kids whole lives and I have always made a very big production of checking it. without that calender, I would be SO lost. and I always put phone numbers for appts on that calender, too and directions or whatever.
It is right at the junction of the hall where the bedrooms are and the point where kitchen spilts to one side and liv room splits to the other. The phone is there, and a pen on a rope.

OK....so I am very rigid on New Years Day I transfer everything - like bdays or notes to make appts from one calender to the next. I always say if it is not on the calender, it ain't happening.

So- this year, I dunno what happened, but...my son came to me a few days ago and asked me if I loved him? I said well gosh do you think I ask where you are every 5 minutes for no reason? He said well mom.....um.you decorated all the other special days on the calender this year with colored pencils, so creative, but...not MY birthday. AND mom? How old am I? Well, dude, you are 12 now and iwll be 13. why? Well mom? on our calender you wrote I will be 11!!!!!!!!
Then his sisters decided they maybe better check THEIR bdays. YIKES! easy child will be 18, but I wrote she will be 17!
I will be 48 (I think? LOL) but I wrote 52!!!!! YIKES!
I did not even PUT an age for oldest difficult child!

Oh my goodness. What in the world was I doing? Who knows? I wasn't drinking, LOL, so thats not the excuse.
I finally grinned and said to the kids "well, it was a test, ya know? I wanted to see if any of you guys were paying attention. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I finally grinned and said to the kids "well, it was a test, ya know? I wanted to see if any of you guys were paying attention. LOL

:rofl:

I'm gonna remember that excuse the next time I mess up, dreamer.:sheepish:

tammyjh

Well, at least you didn't have to fill out paperwork:laughing:

I do stuff like this all the time. It drives husband crazy...even though...he's just as bad:laughing: I always go upstairs to get something but when I get there, I never remember what I'm up there for. Sometimes takes me two or three trips to remember what it was.lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wasn't it nice that you found it in the last place you looked?

(Oh this has so been my last week - the good thing is - now you can pass that baton to someone else -you've done your tour of duty)

Glad you found it.

Hugs
Star

I'm thinking that the board circle of support was working for you girl! :laughing:

JJJ

Problem was I looked there several times!! It must have been stuck to one of the other papers.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Dreamer's story reminds me: about 5 years ago I was at the rec center and here this little voice "Mrs. JJJ do you know where my mom is?" It was a neighbor's 3 year old, each parent thought the other one had him. Oops. Course we told him that I was watching him and his mom left money for ice cream. He was not at all traumatized but I think his parents were!

DammitJanet

LOL on the missing kid.

I have never misplaced mine but when my husband was a kid they left him in a bathroom on the way to visit his grandmother. I guess it wasnt so unusual considering they had 6 kids and he is in the middle. They figured it out about 4 or 5 miles down the road when there was more space than unusual in the car...lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I didn't lose a kid, but intentionally left him in a store once. Let me explain. My oldest was a wanderer from day one. I'd turn my back for 2 seconds and he would be gone. I should have had one of those darn leashes.

So, he's about 7 and we're in Costco. I give the command of DO NOT LEAVE MY SIDE about a thousand times. Of course he does. At this point, I was really peeved. Found the store manager, explained the story, saw child was in the video game section. I told him I'm going to check out and go outside and sit in the car. I wanted him to figure out he was alone.

Well...I sat, and sat, and sat. Nearly an hour later he came out with the manager wailing. The manager, bless his heart, watched him the whole time.

Needless to say, he didn't wander too much after that.

Abbey