Just when you need it....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've had the blues even though the sun has come out. You know, health issues, tweedle issues on & off, etc, etc, etc. I guess, mostly health issues.

This morning as I sat down to my newly cleaned, I can find the surface of my desk, I looked over to the file cabinet on my left. I have 5 African violets in a spot where they soak up the sunlight they need on a daily basis.

Three out of five of the violets are beginning to bloom. Just as the color outside is fading - the color in my home is beginning to blossom.

I love violets & I seem to get them to bloom each fall & winter as the outside get dreary. They haven't let me down & it's the same this year. :flower:

Someone is watching over me. :angel:

ooooo Linda!

I absolutely LOVE Violets.

They are February's flower (my birthmonth)
They are my favorite color
And my father's mother is named Violet.

I have never been able to successfully maintain a violet plant (heck, I kill artificial plants) but I am thrilled for you. Enjoy those beautiful wonders.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have 3 African Violets....one from the size of a dime in a quarter sized pot...now huge. And 2 dark purples and one pink...no flowers here though, but we DID get some much needed rain! I'll take that for sure!

Sorry you're so down. GLAD you can see your desk.

Hugs
Star

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Growing up, my dad worked night shift and my mom worked days.

And every Spring, randomly, he would pick a teeny tiny bouquet of violets, bunch them together and leave them in a little tiny liquor glass for my mom. I thought that was just the most romantic thing! ♥ You could practically see her bluch when she found them at the end of her busy work day.

Violets are my favorite flowers and I have them all over my yard.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What a pleasant thing to look forward to each year. Violets are such a pretty flower. I'm glad they didn't let you down this year and perked up your day. :smile:

Pam R

I have 2 African violets: on with dark leaves and a purple flower, and one with varigated leaves and an pink/purple flower.

But on the subject of just violets, I have a row of them, of many varieties, planted along a gravel verge at the edge of the driveway. (They are pretty hardy things and look much nicer most of the year than plain gravel and don't have to be mown like grass.)

Anyways, I was standing there talking to someone yesterday and there were flowers!! In October!! Now if that wasn't something to perk one up. :its_all_good:

Pam R.

Penta

You reminded me of my mother. She had a tray full of African Violet plants that she kept in her sunny dining room window.

Actually, you remind me quite a bit of my mother from your writing. She painted and sketched, loved nature, was a loving and giving parent and person, and just a lovely woman all around.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Penta,

I will take that as a compliment - thank you very much. It touched me to think I could be in anyway like your mother.