Kathy how is the new job going?

Nancy

I've been thinking of your difficult child and the new job and wondering how it's going. Have you heard from her?

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
No, I haven't heard anything since Wednesday. This is very typical of difficult child. When things are going well, we don't hear from her.

I'm sure we will hear something this weekend when she needs groceries and cigarettes. I am going to have to pin her down on when she will get her first paycheck. I want to wean her off of our payroll. :)

~Kathy

Nancy

You got that right Kathy. We haven't heard from difficult child since she got her furniture Tuesday either. It will be so nice to finally get her off your payroll. I would think her first paycheck will be in three weeks. It can't come any too soon.

Nancy

DDD

Fingers crossed. If it really is a small business...she will be paid weekly. Aren't difficult child's something else? Geez! DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child called a while ago to talk about going shopping tonight. She said that she was tired and would rather go after work tomorrow. She said that things are going really well and they left her in charge of the front desk on her own for 3 hours yesterday when the salon owner had to go out of the salon. They expected it to be quiet but it suddenly got busy and difficult child handled the calls, appointments, check in and check outs, and stocked inventory. The owner told her that he was really impressed that she could do all that after only being there a few days.

I asked her if she was still going on the other interviews and she said no. She said that she really likes this job and wants to stay there. I just said okay and left it alone. This job doesn't have health insurance so that is a problem. I guess we can look into private insurance but I don't think anyone is going to want to cover her with her medical history. I'm not sure how much the affordable health care act has changed things since the last time we looked at health insurance for her.

I found out when she gets her first paycheck . . . next Saturday. She keeps saying how bad her cell phone is and that she needs a new one. She said it again in our call so I suggested that should be the first thing that she buys with her first paycheck and asked her when that would be. I think she thought I should buy her the phone. Nope.

However, difficult child sounds good and ends her calls with "love you, mom."

So far, so good!

~Kathy