Know What?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If it weren't for my fur babies I'd probably be safely tucked in a padded room somewhere.

I swear they keep me sane most days.

I made them all very happy today. Bruce the cat got a new toy. A glove that has long furry strings of fabric that dangle and wiggle caused by the person wearing the glove. He loves it, right up there with his battery operated mouse. The dogs got a bag of new beef rawhide bones. They haven't had them since Gracie came to stay as it caused a major war between Betsy and Gracie. (Gracie did get them in her crate for teething purposes) They were hopping around like it was xmas morning. lol Then I decided on pork spare ribs for supper, so each dog got a bone from that.

Bruce got a bit more spoiled because Nichole picked him up a new collar with a bell on it. lol

Betsy came in from playing out in the yard with Molly and her Daddy Rowdy and cuddled me on the couch......to the point of nearly causing me to fall asleep. At the moment I have Bruce at my feet attempting to avoid Betsy as he wants to sneak yet again into my lap. Betsy is on one side of me, Molly lying on her futon cushion "dog bed" on the other.

My furbabies don't give me a chance to feel unappreciate, unwanted, or unloved. They make me laugh even if I feel like crying. (I have goof balls) Like the scene has changed. Betsy wants so badly to play with Bruce that she's fetched his fishing pole toy and is teasing him with it. Bruce is ready to pounce at any second. Too cute and too funny to watch.

My mother used to ask me why on earth I want a smelly good for nothing animal in my house for. I was just ruining my stuff and wasting my money on them.

But I swear a majority of the time I'll take the company of an animal over that of a person. I've been that way since I was very very young.

Oh, and about a year ago my Mom bought her first puppy. This puppy now sleeps with her, isn't allowed to go outside to potty cuz he might get wet or cold, and is spoiled rotten. She even has medication insurance on him thru a program with the vet.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cracks me up everytime I even think about it.

I've been truely enjoying the company of my furry babies this evening.

(and now Bruce and Betsy are stalking and chasing each other around the dining room table) lmao

donna723

Oh, you are SO right! I can't even imagine how deathly quiet and how very lonely my house would be without my three girls! My son has been back at home staying with me for the last two weeks but he works nights and runs around on the weekends so I hardly see him.

My girls eat dog food that costs $38 a bag, topped with a meat/rice/veggie concoction that I cook for them myself on Sundays and freeze in little plastic bags. They have sweaters and winter coats and wear beautiful custom made collars that I ordered for them from a place in Canada. They're high-maintenance, very active Bostons and need a lot of constant attention and would like to play 24/7 if I let them. In return, they are my constant companions. They're genuinely overjoyed when I come home from work every day. There's always at least one of them in my lap wanting to snuggle and get their obligatory back rubs. They don't care if I don't have any makeup on, or what I'm wearing or how much money I make or what kind of car I drive ... they just want to love and be loved! And they keep me laughing at their clever antics. Never a dull moment at my house! I can't even imagine what my life would be like without them! Yes, they ARE a lot of trouble and expense, but they've repaid it ten times over!

muttmeister

Yup, count me in with the animal lovers.
Right now I have two dogs. They sleep with me, get me up in the morning, take me for walks, protect me with their incessant barking at everything that comes within a block of my house, make sure I eat often enough to give them snacks, keep my feet warm when I'm sitting, warm my lap when I'm cold, keep me company, cheer me up, and love me. They don't talk back, spend my money, call me names, do drugs, drink too much, leave the toilet seat up, or run around with other women.
At various times I've had dogs, cats, white rats, and even a ferrett. If I had my life to live over, I'd be a veterinarian as I think I am better suited to deal with animals than with people. Even the grouchy ones are at least honest about who they are.
Thank God for my fur babies.

F

flutterbee

I don't know what I'd do without my animals. difficult child always asks, 'Why do we even have TV? We don't need it, we have our pets!' They're definitely entertaining. Especially little Abbey. She's into and on top of everything. She has the best time.

We have the new addition now, too. The 'foster' kitty who I think is going to become permanent. He gets along so well with Abbey and Puddles - no one gets along with Baby Kitty; she doesn't like anyone. And he's the same age as Abbey so they can keep up with each other energy wise. The two of them together, though, have become destructive. I really don't mind. It's what happens when you have pets. You learn to artfully drape blankets on the couch to hide the damage from kitty claws when the cat scratcher hasn't been replaced and keep your breakables secured.

The foster kitty - Hydro is his name from his previous owner and difficult child won't let me change it - is so easygoing and laid back. He's the most laid back cat I've ever known. Affectionate, but not overly. More like Abbey. He wants to be in the same room with you and he's content. He actually got in my lap for the first time this week. He was food aggressive initially, but he's backed off on that. I've kept food down all the time and he's not freaking out if the bowls get empty. He just meows like the others do. However, we're going through a lot of cat food and he's put on a lot of weight in a short time, so I'm going to start doing restricted feeding - just have feeding times instead of food all day long. Puddles really needs that, too.

It infuriates me when his previous owner told me they couldn't wait to get rid of him; that he was making them crazy and that he was too needy. I bet if I locked him (the owner) in a basement and ignored him and forgot to feed and water him, he'd be needy, too. I have seen none of that here. Nada. Zip. Zilch. He's just as happy as can be. He still has to master the art of stalking and pouncing, though. Abbey would be a beautiful hunter to watch. Hydro is still pretty sloppy. He's getting there, though. Of course, the only thing they 'hunt' is my hand. :rofl:

A couple of nights ago when I was going to bed, Jewel (the dog), Hydro, Puddles and Baby Kitty were all on my bed. And all on my side. I'm trying to get in and snake around them AND pull up the covers and not a one of them was at all inclined to move. LOL Normally, they'll move and let me get settled and they'll resettle. I guess they were really comfortable this time. The 2 that I had to move so I could actually get more than half of my bottom in the bed acted so put out. LOL

Yep. I love my babies.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'd have to join in on the thoughts. Although my parrots are not furry, I love their antics. (Hate their mess.)

You wouldn't think a bird could show emotion, but they do. When one accidently flys/falls down, they have this sheepish look like...oh, shoot...I just screwed up and don't know how to get back up. The best is when they fall from a swing. They have this "DOH" look. Like...I'm a dummy.

They do snuggle, not like a cat or dog. They'll lay on their back in my arms and let me scratch their head. It's really quite cute.

Enjoy your pets!!

Abbey

skeeter

we put one of ours down last September, and I kept telling NL (who works at a vet) we would NOT be adopting another dog unless it was a very special circumstance.

Well, the special circumstance is lying at my feet. He's a 7 year old mostly boxer (we have a 10 year old boxer) who's owner is going through a divorce, she has a 17 month old daughter, and it was getting to be too much. I knew she'd have a heck of a time adopting out that old of a dog, so I said sure, we'll take him.
We just got him yesterday, so we are all still "trying" each other out, but he's doing very well.

Steely

I love my fur babies too.........they bring me so much comfort. Although I have to say that they are a major handful, but oh well, it is so worth it.

It is so funny because I just noticed the other day that I discipline them just like a difficult child. If they are too rowdy I sit there and talk to them and give them choices. "if you don't calm down you guys are going to go outside! You choose!" Right...........I am so sure they are sitting there going, hmmm, calm down or outside, which should I choose? But still, it is so engrained in my head as the way to modify behavior, I probably do not know any other way.

And yes, I have basket c things for the dogs as well.:sheepish:
:cool_dog:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OH yes my fur babies mean a lot here too. Of course they make me crazy some but then they look at me with those sweet adoring eyes and what can you do. I went away last month and slept at a hotel. Sure enough I had a hard time sleeping. NO one was laying on me. I didn't have a dog snoring in my ear. I didn't have to tell the one to stop barking. It was too dang quiet. And all of the rituals were not there.

I mean who else is going to jump up and down to greet me. ahhhh love.

Beth

meowbunny

Here's another vote for furbabies, scalebabies, critters in general. Squeaks, my Old English, sadly is getting old and has bone spurs. The vet thinks another year, which just breaks my heart, but he's had a good life and I'll give him the world while he is here. He's usually on my bed with a cat curled somewhere on him or by him and, yes, he'll happily groom the girls. He also will herd them, which is truly hysterical -- especially when they're mad at each other and don't want to be together. He doesn't care -- they're his flock and together. they. will. be.

BB (Black Brat) will be moving in with my daughter soon. Part of me will miss her -- she likes to lay somewhere around my knee. She has the not-so-endearing habit of biting my nose to wake me up in the morning. She's a piglet and wants her food NOW.

Big Girl is part Maine Coon. She is the most laid back cat I've ever seen. She also makes the Cowardly Lion look positively courageous. There is nothing that doesn't scare her -- not even Squeaks who she's lived with for the past 12 years and who has groomed her from day one. He gets up, she runs for cover. Silly girl.

Bo is the baby and my favorite kitty. She likes to lay close to my head, curl up in a ball and **** her tail. She also likes to hide under the round table (long cloth) and swipe anyone or thing who walks by. She's also the official bug catcher. Nothing has a chance in the house if she see's it. Of course, neither does anything in her way when she is bug focussed.

Yup, life would be pretty miserable without our critters.

K

Kjs

I never had a pet growing up. Chloe was my first pet. She will be 7 in April. She's my baby. Her eyes, like she can talk to me. Kenzie is our newest member. Nothing like chloe. Still, she keeps be on my toes. And laughing.