Landline Texts?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok all you techy people out there.........

I have caller ID. Got a phone call a few mins ago. Didn't pick up because I didn't recognize the number. I let the answering machine grab it like I always do.

"Sorry about the red car" is the message that came across and then a computerized voice came across saying something about Thank you for using landline texting.

Weird. We don't have a red car. lol :faint: Nichole doesn't know how to text that way. So it's not her. Travis is in bed. husband would've just called, he's never texted anyone. easy child and sister in law would've just called. So obviously it was a wrong number.

But now you can text to landlines? Lord, I'm so far behind in this junk it's not funny.:tongue:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I'm thinking it may have been an advertising scheme..... trying to get you to call them, they may not be able to call you with the do not call list, but if you call them?????

donna723

Daisy, have you tried Googling the phone number to see what comes up? It should tell you whose phone it is. If it's an advertising scheme, there will be sites come up where people can leave comments about getting calls from that place.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
well.........Not getting a name, but getting some town in texas. lol And it's a cell phone. (like I hadn't figured that out) So I'm guessing it was most likely a sales gimmick.

Last edited:

trinityroyal

Lisa, you can send a text message to a landline with some text messaging services. The message gets "read" into your phone by a digital voice.

I agree with the others that in your case it was either a wrong number or some sort of marketing thingy.