Latest

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by pasajes4, Oct 7, 2017.

1. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

Son called from a mental hospital. I truly believe he needs to be there for a long period of care. They probably will not keep him there longer than 72 hours. I feel this is just another form of manipulation on his end. The brief "conversation" was him screaming at me that I need to let him come back home, and I deserved to have my property destroyed. Since he is 21, I will not be allowed to have any input. When this ploy does not work, he will ramp up to the next level of anger and retaliation. I am truly afraid that this will not end well.

The article that Bunny posted on mj use and increased violence hits home.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Pasa. Lock up!! Keep your phone close by!

3. pasajes4

I installed a Ring video doorbell that works with my security system. I imagine that he will try to destroy it. I will have it on video.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Its so sad when adult children have no regard for us and our belongings and just destroy them. Be safe.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Littleboylost

Littleboylost On the road unwanted to travel

Pasa
    It is such a assault on our sensibilities and hearts to have acts of violence outbreaks upon on. This is incomprehensible when it comes from those we have loved and nurtured.

Please take good care to be safe and protected. I really do not enjoy the weakness in our systems that fail us and our ill and damaged children.

I am glad you have the viso installed and know that this is such a difficult time for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Copabanana

Copabanana Well-Known Member

i am so very sorry pasa.

7. SeekingStrength

SeekingStrength Well-Known Member

Pasa,

I am so sorry.

I, too, wish the hospital will see he needs long term help. Since he threathened your property, can you contact a court and try to start proceedings for a long term stay?

What a nightmare. You know to be extra cautious. Sad, but helpful we know the drill.

Hugs,
    SS

8. Billiesue

Billiesue Member

So sorry Pasa

9. Albatross

Albatross Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Pasa. Keep close to the boards.

10. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry Pasa......keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    Stay safe.

11. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

I'm so sorry, Pasa. Please do what you must to be safe.

12. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

I think this is a very smart thing to do and glad to hear you did.

Stay strong Pasa! If you feel your strength failing, draw on all of us here, we are standing right beside you holding you up.
    I do hope in the midst of all this that you are able to find some peace and calm. I hope you are doing something good for yourself.

((HUGS))

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. RN0441

RN0441 100% better than I was but not at 100% yet

So sorry to hear this.

I hope and pray that this will end for you some time soon so you can have some peace!

We are here for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. pigless in VA

pigless in VA Well-Known Member

I know how this feels, pasa. Do you have a protective order against him? Sending calm and safety vibes your way ~~~~~~

15. pasajes4

The request for the protective order is being reviewed by the courts. It can take a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. pigless in VA

Odd. I was able to go get one immediately when Lloyd was crazy. I went to the local police station and they granted me a temporary one. I then had to go before the court and rehash the nightmare in order for the judge to grant me an extension which was good for one year.

Do you have either a county or city mental health department? They might be helpful in regards to expediting the order. The fact that he broke into your home is most alarming.

Gizmo needs to up his game considerably.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. pasajes4

He did not hit me. That would have gotten an immediate protective order. I will have to wait for the judge to make a decision. My county sucks when it comes to protecting children,women,and the elderly.

18. Scent of Cedar *

Scent of Cedar * Well-Known Member

My prayers for you both, Pasa. Heartbreaking, for you to walk through this with him. So hard for us, and for them.

Cedar

19. pasajes4

I am going no contact with him. I changed my number so that he can't text me. This way I will not be tempted to look. He's blocked on social media. I just don't think i can even have anything to do with him anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  20. pigless in VA

I think that is wise, pasa. I am so sad that he is so unhinged.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List