Lemmings. People are a bunch of lemmings.

JJJ

Our state health agency has decided to mandate household income from anyone using any state-funded facility. Great, fine...I think the goal is to create a single database for all income-based programs so that people cannot cheat the system.

However, my children receive services through NON-income based funding. My income is not relevant and I refuse to give it. Nearly every other parent on the same funding is rolling over and playing dead and sharing their personal information with the state.

The manager of our county clinic knows me so well :smug: she left a note for the receptionist to get her when I arrived rather than tell me about the new requirement themselves. She had the letter that they had gotten from the state as well as the complaint line phone numbers all ready for me.

I hate having to take the time to explain to people that they cannot demand that I give up my rights.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well it's good to know you have someone who understands you so well ready to hand you the resources they KNOW you'll want/need! I hope you can reach a satisfactory arrangement for the bureaucracy that doesn't leave you feeling violated.

TerryJ2

Way To Go, JJJ. The only way we'll keep our rights is by fighting for them. I realize they are trying to streamline, but that should not mean you have to give up your privacy and rights. There's got to be a better way.
Had to smile at the part about the county clinic manager wanting to see you in person and having all the info ready. Way To Go!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Two thumbs up!!! More people should not only fight for their rights, but they should learn what they are. More and more, H and I see things going down that shouldn't be...all because people don't their basic rights. difficult child took civics 3 times - she KNOWS her rights, lol. But she's always having to teach her friends what their rights are, it's sad.

I'm glad that you're standing up.

susiestar

Roll With It
Way To Go!!! Our privacy and rights are being eroded and have been eroded so much already. I HATE that my SSN is used for so many things. The law that established it said that it was ONLY to be used for social security purposes, but now it is linked to my driver's license, my insurance, and everything else that relates to finances. There were even school forms for the kids that asked for MY SSN. I refused to give it, and ignored each of the ten letters they sent to me about it. I did send an email to the superintendent saying that mailing those letters demanding info they have no right to was a waste of $$ and they could have gotten a book for a student from Scholastic if they hadn't wasted the $$ on postage asking for info they have no right to.

Keep up the fight!! I am sure many people don't know that they have a right to refuse to give that info.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Way To Go!!

Our personal rights are dropping away fast. I don't know why people to seem to notice........or not anywhere near enough people seem to notice. But yes, society as a whole has become lemmings. Govt says hop and they want to know how high.

DammitJanet

I know what you mean. People ask me all the time what my income is. Trust me, if I am on SS disability and Medicaid, those folks KNOW what my income is and have verified it well, so obviously if I meet their guidelines of being under the poverty limits, I meet yours!