Life Crossroads and Decisions

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
With husband's new job paying dittly squat, making our lives worse in many ways, I had the delimma of what I was going to do. We really need more income desperately. But I so wanted to go to school.

While work helps money wise, it creates a whole new list of problems. Transporting the kids being the largest.

School, well I'm not gonna make money at it. lol But it will vastly improve our prospects for the future.

So I put the matter right at God's feet. The delimma has been on my mind since husband got the job. I couldn't come to a decision to jump one way or the other. I told God that which ever way he told me to jump, I'd jump.

Last night Nichole says to me,"Come on Mom we have to figure out our classes. So I sat and we did them together. I didn't even think about it. The money issue didn't pop into my head at all for the first time since fri.

This morning she says,"Mom time to go register." I go.

I'm now a fulltime college student again. :smile:

Winter quarter can be a pain to get the classes you want. Nichole and I had no trouble even though we didn't get there til almost noon.

And get this....... Because Nichole has decided she really wants to be a paramedic and is switching to that program, we will have 2 classes together and can share our books! We'll be at the college for classes at the SAME TIME. So no extra trips across town.

Nichole's b/f is getting daycare for Aubrey on the 2 days of the week he can't watch her.

Everything fell right into place with no effort. And when I got home I realized that after this quarter I'll be able to take the exam for the RN program and will have all my pre recs completed! How awesome is that???!!!!

It's gonna be hard on us. They're gonna raise heating prices ALOT here soon. And of course gas is outragious and only going to get worse.

But it hit me this morning.

The right path is often the most difficult to follow.

I'm NOT giving up my dream, I'm NOT putting it on the back burner. (did that for 23 yrs already) I'm plunging ahead and going to do my utter best to make it happen!

We made it thru last year with me in school. We'll find a way to make it thru this year with me in school.

I feel good about myself today. :smile:

KFld

Just think about all the extra money you will have to spend on heat next winter, after you've graduated and followed your dream.

Good for you!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Way to go -

and even in Ohio - you can call LIHEAP for assistance on a winter bill. Or maybe it's just called HEAP there - worth a look. It will pay (1) gas/electric bill if you qualify (below poverty)

Congratulations - glad you did something for YOU.

:smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
You are the perfect example of "where there's a will there's a way."

You go, girl- I'm proud of you! :bravo:

Suz

ck1

Yeah!! Good job! Sounds like money would have been tight even you did go to work now. Better to buckle down, follow your dream, and do what's best for the long run, not the quick fix. Happy studying!

Steely

:dance:
<span style="color: #990000">HAPPY, HAPPY DAY!!!</span>

You are certainly my role model! I have been putting off going back to school for 20 years.........SO proud of you that you have the tenacity to follow your dreams, and not be bound to your financial fears!

goldenguru

I went back to school a couple of years ago. Best thing I ever did for ME. When I graduate, hopefully I can say it's the best thing I ever did for our finances.

YOU WILL LOVE BEING A STUDENT AGAIN!

It feels good to stretch the brain.

Kudos for you.

:nurse:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What a step!!! It must feel good to take it! How nice to read you are doing this for you!!! and your family... :dance:

Lisa,

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:!!!

I'm so proud of you and happy for you too!!! You are a very wise, strong, and determined person. You will be an RN before you know it!!! WFEN

TerryJ2

Way To Go, Lisa!
I remember reading an Ann Landers (or Dear Abby) column nearly 20 yrs ago that has stuck with-me ... it was about a 40-yr-old guy who couldn't decide whether to go to medication school, because he would be close to 50 by the time he graduated. Ann's response was, "And how old will you be if you don't go?"
LOL! and so on target.
Bravo, Lisa.

My job will be phased out next year, and the field I've specialized in for the last 18 years is rapidly becoming obsolete, so I'm going to have to retrain (done some already, but have had no chance to use it) and most likely take a big pay cut and start at near entry level again, in my late 40s/early 50s. So, you will be my inspiration.