Lima Bean and kale soup. Yum

Jody

Made some comfort food the healthy way yesterday. Bag of Lima Beans, carrots, kale (lots) and one piece chicken breast, can of tomato pieces, and garlic minced (a lot), thyme, basil, orgeno, salt and pepper. If you like add a couple pieces of cheese. Oh my goodness, its good and the entire pot was eaten in one evening.

buddy

For dumb cooks like me, what order do you cook things. Are the beans cooked first? and how much of the spices?

Really, I want to do better, never was taught.

Jody

first put the carrots and the beans and the piece of chicken into the pot to boil, after those are cooked tender then I add the kale, tomato and more minced garlic, just add spices until you like it.

DDD

I'll try it........minus the salt that husband is not allowed to have. Thanks so much. DDD

LittleDudesMom

Sounds great! I actually make something like that - chopped spinich instead of kale and no chicken. I just use beans for the protein - usually white beans or Goya pink beans, can of fire roasted tomatoes, 1/2 bag of TJ's fire roasted corn and tons of garlic and whatever spices I'm in the mood for. I love just adding veggies and seeing what happens!

I venture to guess you are talking frozen limas? I use a lot of frozen veggies in soup.

Sharon

Jody

Just a bag of dry lima beans. I very rarely eat meat, and my difficult child likes and misses it sometimes so I usually use a piece of chicken for her to say its not meatless. I use spinach a lot because of my iron deficiency. Now thatI eat it everyday (almost always) I never have to take the pills. I can't wait to get my own fresh spinach soon. Yeah.