Look like I'll be playing the hiding game at work

KFld

Most of you know I work at an outpatient Mental Health facility in the H.R. department. Wingnut has come here in the past and I used to have it set up with the office manager to let me know when she is scheduled to come in, because she would have to walk right past my office, and I do not want to run into her. I have not seen her in over a year, and have no desire too.

The H.R. Director (George) who is my boss keeps all clent files in his office that have any connection to a staff member, so that is where her file is kept. Silly as it is that hers is in there, because I have more access to his office then to the record room :), but anywho. One of the clinicians came to return a file to him for his office and when I asked if she wanted me to take it, she said no I have to give this one to George. I knew right away who's file it was and that she must be coming here again. I asked George who confirmed it for me. He laughed as soon as I walked in his office because he said he knew I would figure it out within seconds. So I have the set up with the office manager that she is to inform me of appointments so I can close my door and hide while she's in the building.

Already found out she was here for substance abuse, so I guess little miss wingnut must have relapsed. I knew it wouldn't take long after she found out difficult child wasn't the father of the baby. The only thing I hate is for people that I know and work with to hear any of her drama and bull because I don't want them to relate her to me and my family in any way. Usually people figure out pretty quick that she's a wingnut though, so I probably don't have anything to worry about. I'm sure she also tells them horror stories about my difficult child and obviously who I am, or they wouldn't know to not hand me the chart.

On an even better note, difficult child has been talking to a girl who works at Friendlys near his house and finally got up the nerve to ask her if she has a boyfriend, she doesn't, and he is going to go out with her this weekend. I'm not going to get to excited, but it's a start.

KFld

And to be honest with you, and not that I should care, but I don't want to make it uncomfortable for her to be here either. I just thank god this baby wasn't my sons because she is obviously using again and I feel for that poor baby. I have seen the baby at her mothers a lot lately, so I'm sure she will end up raising her and wingnut will soon be out selling herself for drug money once again. I know wingnut has been on methadone for quite awhile, so she probably used and got kicked out of the methadone program.

I'm just thankful that I have the kind of relationship with my co-workers that they will go out of there way to make sure I don't have to run into her.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he is going to go out with her this weekend... but it's a start. </div></div>

WOOOOO WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Fingers crossed, Karen!

Suz

That is a good, positive attitude, Karen.

It WOULD be awful if this were your son's baby. I like it that you are wishing wingnut well.

That's amazing, considering what you all have been through with her.

I am glad to hear that your son is doing so much better, too.

How is Lucy, by the way? (Or is she Lucy and are you Ethel?!?) :smile:

Barbara

KFld

I wouldn't say I'm actually wishing her well, I just don't feel the need to make her uncomfortable if she's coming here for help.

I'm not going to get too excited about difficult child going out with this other girl this weekend, but I will get a little excited :smile: This is I think the first time in years that he has even made an attempt to get to know someone else. Actually, thinking back now, it's not. When he was living where he was last year when he first got out of rehab he was talking to another girl and wingnut found out and basically threatened her life. Maybe I should get this girls name rank and serial number just incase she's goes missing when wingnut gets wind that he's talking to someone else :smile:

STILLjustamom

I'm sure the people who deal with her can figure her out pretty quick, even if she does mention you or your son. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scent of Cedar I</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How is Lucy, by the way? (Or is she Lucy and are you Ethel?!?) :smile:

Barbara </div></div>

She is definitley Lucy. She is an I love Lucy addict. She watches it every single day and laughs like she has never seen the episode before :smile:

DammitJanet

Karen...

I didnt have time the other day to post more on here.

This really struck home with me because it was my biggest fear when I worked for county government and I had to go to county mental health to get a diagnosis of bipolar. There were people who had once worked at my agency who had since moved over to work at county mental health and knew me! The buildings butted up against each other.

It was bad enough that these people saw me when I took Cory in but for them to have access to MY chart and to be able to read information that I would be saying was just absolutely terrifying to me. I knew well enough to know that even if people werent suppose to talk, they do. I had heard it.

I begged to be allowed to go to a different county but that was denied. So they did agree to lock my chart up and not keep it with the rest. I think that was done because later they had a hard time finding my chart.

KFld

This last time when I picked difficult child up from rehab, they happened to be holding some trainings at the facility and there were quite a few people who I work with that I ran into. It was pretty awkward, probably just as much so for them. They were like, hey what are you doing here, then noticed difficult child trailing a step behind me, suitcases in tow.

Since I work in a facility that handles mental health and addiction issues, these people should be more understanding then if I worked somewhere else, but of course I know people talk.

According to my friend Pat, the office manager, they are presenting her privateley, instead of at the usual central intake meetings, so she must have made everyone very aware of who I am. I have friends in the central intake department, so they are really picking and choosing who will be at this meeting.

Oh well, I know who my friends are here and the ones who are truley my friends, will not judge me or my family by anything she says. Besides the fact that she's a wingnut and it only takes people about 5 seconds of listening to her yammer, to figure that out :smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Having your two worlds collide(as George Costanza says) is very uncomfortable. I hate it. I appreciate that you want her to also have her privacy for her own treatment. It is very human and kind of you.
I know people talk but for the most part we all have some baggage and yours isn't the worst out there. I'm sure there is understanding among your co workers.
The fact that your son is showing interest outside of wingnut is a good thing. </span>

SunnyFlorida

I'm really glad she's coming in for treatment. Treatment and education....can't go wrong. :smile:

How lovely that difficult child will have a date this weekend. Hope she's a nice girl and a positive influence.