Looking for website recommendations

SRL

1) An active discussion forum specific to children with Autism or with a board devoted to children with Autism.

2) A good website about motor skills and treatment for motor skill issues.

Thanks for any help with these--I've done some searching but am just not coming up with anything good.

O

OTE

Could you be more specific about the motor skills? small, gross, autism related (which treatment is mostly building strength),.... Can't think of any I know off hand but not even sure what to think about ...the austism low muscle tone issue? You want specific exercises? For which muscles?

SRL

Thanks for the ideas so far. :smile:

OTE, I'm looking for a link that would give parents of children searching for answers in the neighborhood of autism an idea of 1) normal developmental milestones in both gross and fine motor and 2) possible motor skill issues they might see in their kids.

The site wouldn't need to be specific to autism to be useful though. I have this one which is the best overall I've seen so far but I wanted to see what else is out there.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/index.html

O

OTE

I'll work on that later tonight SRL. Nothing comes to mind immediately but I'll look through my bookmarks to trigger my memory. You're talking about young kids, right? Not teens, the younger milestones.