Lord Corys lawyer has created a monster!

DammitJanet

Im sure you all are anxiously awaiting an update on the latest in As the Branch Bends.

Well we last left him being arrested for the felonious larceny of the siding off the condemned house. The police were supposedly looking for two other guys...one of them is the guy whose car was seen, tag number taken, tag number and name taken at the recycling center where the stuff was sold...etc. Cory bailed himself out, went to court for the pretrial, got the court appointment lawyer.

He met with her today. Well...it seems she has gone over all their evidence and they have none. Not against Cory. They also didnt read Cory his rights, have him sign any Miranda statements or anything. Oops. All the evidence talks about is this other guy and his car. No one else. There are allusions to other people with him but the descriptions are vague. Lawyer said no way should he have been arrested based on this evidence. Especially considering the main person hasnt been arrested.

So lawyer said she is going to get all this thrown out, and that she said Cory can sue! Ohhhhh joy!

KFld

Yeah, that is a great thing for any difficult child to be told. I'm sure that will begin to consume his world now until he figures out how to do it. She couldn't have just said she'd get it thrown out period!!! Ughhhh!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad the case will be thrown out. As for sueing, the expense would probably prevent Cory from wanting to pursue it, let alone the time involved.

DammitJanet

Oh this lawyer seems to be standing in his corner egging him on. She must be thinking of her percentage. LOL. I am not for it at all. Evidently they tried to co hearse him into signing a statement without mirandizing him and this is all on tape. All while lying to him. Naughty naughty.

Jen

Good to hear that news Janet. Another one of those cases. like I used to say about my difficult child growing up, all the kids could be doing the same wrong thing, but difficult child always singled out.
On the flip side this ticks me off about the officers, they know the drill, and yet they pull these no brainers for what reason? Just to see what they can get away with, isnt that breaking the law?

Jen

I hear you about the lawyer creating a monster. Somewhat different situation but when our daughter was arrested last time and then revolving door out again next day (we were hoping they'd keep her off the street for a while) we talked to public defender right after the judge said she could go. We said hey, maybe not such a good thing. So Mr. Public Defender says, "Well, mom (very sneering tone), this is the USA - we try to get them out." My wife just about belted him - then she would be the one in jail... LOL

I hope the suing thing blows over. Any chance you can get the lawyer to one side and tell her it's not in difficult child's best interest to be handed a new chip for his shoulder?

hearthope

offering a difficult child free money!?! Boy, I bet he is making grand plans. I hope you can nip it before it grows too large!

Janet, my difficult child's name is Corey. You think we chose the wrong name?

I have met a few Coreys (bio-dad included) and they have all been difficult children ~~Professional Charmers!!!!!

DammitJanet

LOL HH...I have always said that every Cory I have ever met was a difficult child. There has to be something in the name.

As an aside. I was told when I was pregnant with him that he was going to be my girl so I only chose girls names. He was my last child after two boys. I was looking forward to a little girl. Well needless to say I got a boy! I had no names picked out for a new boy and was just dumbstruck. I have no clue where his name came from but out of the blue I blurted out "Cory Allen"! Now this is really stupid of me because his name should have been Scott Castine XXX because my middle name is Scott which is also my mothers maiden name and my maiden name is Castine which would have been nice tribute to my family as his middle name...then his last name. But I wasnt thinking clearly! Maybe I could have nipped this difficult child thing in the bud if I had named him better...LOL.

hearthope

:rofl:

I always wanted a son named Corey. I guess I was determined to have a difficult child.

Boy, if only I knew then what I know now, his name would be Bob or John, anything but Corey