Marg's Man to the Rescue!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I posted in another thread about difficult child 2 going off to his first sleep over tonight.

Well, the little darling took his phone with him so I could check up on things, you know, remind him to take medications, stuff like that. BUT he neglected to turn it ON. So I'm sitting here frustrated with the situation (I'll call the dad later) when Marg's Man told me about a nifty technology trick most phones have (I only learn what I need to use, Know what I mean??)

Apparently you can set the alarm to go off, and even if the phone is turned OFF, when the alarm activates, the phone is turned on!

So NEXT TIME I will be sure to help difficult child 2 set his alarm for the medications (and hopefully that means he'll call, too).

Thank you MM! :bigsmile:

T

TeDo

I knew you could set the alarm but had no idea it would turn the phone on to ring the alarm. Thanks a bunch!!

Marg's Man

Marg told me about this thread or I would have missed it.
Thank you ladies.
Mine says it will do that, but I am too paranoid to believe it...
So try it out when it DOESN'T matter. Set up a dummy alarm for something that you won't forget anyway, like making your next coffee at midday. You might get it wrong the first time you try it but, what the hey?, you're late for your coffee. So what?

If it doesn't work read the book. I shouldn't say this because it's a professional secret. I'm a technical officer for a major university. In my job, 90% of what I do is because I read the book that some student didn't. :)

Marg's Man

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have read the book already - LOL. The problem is I never remember it except whenI am going to sleep and must get up.

I tried it earlier... It never went off, and I didn't notice till I saw this post again. And now? I discovered I did not set it for weekends... LOL!

So tomorrow perhaps...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
husband got a new
Phone and tossed his old one in a drawer, wherethe alarm
Proceeded to go off every morning for weeks until I threatened to throw it away...not only was it off, thebattery was low enuf u couldn't turn it on.
But that alarm went off

gcvmom

Here we go again!
If it doesn't work read the book. I shouldn't say this because it's a professional secret.

Ahh yes! In my husband's world, they call that RTFM, or Read The [Flippin'] Manual! And you're right, many people skip that bit of paperwork that comes with their new gadgets. :rofl: