Maybe there will be no board jinx when I post this :)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Another step towards adulthood. Danny and a friend have rented a house up the road and is moving this weekend. There, I said it LOL

He is still working at the same job doing IT work, has his business making/repairing computers, making bank, got a car this year and a few months afterwards a license to drive it :) Said it was time and he wanted his own place so he could have women in. For those of you who have been on here for years, you are probably laughing as that comment as it never seemed to stop him before but its been a few years since we have meandered out to the kitchen for coffee at the crack of dawn only to pass some dubious woman in the hallway as she was comming out of the bathroom LOL

He will not be taking his dog permanently for a month or so as he has to pay a deposit for her, but will pick her up after work and drop her off in the morning. I can hang with that (for a while anyway) I "think" they are looking for two more roommates to share the house with as 2,200 a month is a chunk of change. But not our problem - knowing him he will make it work.

I have to admit I will miss him even though he has hardly been home. SO, who should be over the moon as he has mentioned "I wish he would move out" like since he was 18 LOL, is just getting on my nerves with the "Is he going to take his stuff from the garage, or is he taking his pot plants with him, is he going to be doing this, or doing that" Auggg. Good grief, let him move out of the house first already and whatever he has left behind we will put in the car and put it on his porch.

He still drinks too much, and still is a major pothead but he will deal with that when he is ready.

So hopefully I will be ok sharing this - my only dilema now, since he is living up the road, is if I am ready to disconnect the police scanner next to our bed :)

Marcie

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I enjoyed reading your post. Although I wasn't around for the past shenanigans from your difficult child, you really sound not only quite detached, you sound healthy and you've maintained your sense of humor too.............it all sounds good, he is responsible for his life and you've maintained a connection with him...........my fingers are crossed for you...........hoping our adult difficult child's go out in their lives and thrive............

Marcie - Like RE I haven't been around for very long so I'm not familiar with your difficult child but it does sound like he is certainly headed in a better direction. And I agree with RE - you sound wonderfully healthy, happy and with a good sense of humour intact.

Happy for you!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thank you both. Healthy, not so much - the stress raising him has caused a lot of medical problems with me but I survived so far though my hair is definately grayer and thinner. My sense of humor is the only thing that kept me going sometimes, like the time he and a friend went down to the DMV and changed their ID's to read Cheech and Chong LOL

DammitJanet

Yeah good ole Cheech. I will never ever be able to forget that one. Every time that movie runs on cable I think of him and it runs quite often...lol. I still want a roll of that toilet paper. Or at least a couple of sheets. How close did he get to me? TN? I remember being on the lookout for him on his great escape. Gosh those were the days. Looking back it almost seems we can cherish those days. Something like childbirth. It becomes less painful with the passage of time...lol.

Can you believe our boys are grown ups now? Real grown ups? LOL

slsh

member since 1999
LOL - is it a good sign we can remember the stormy days and chuckle now? Or just a sign of encroaching dementia??? :rofl:

One of my favorite "Cheech" stories, aside from the ID change and a tat (I believe on a calf, if memory serves), is when he decided he was going to enlist in the Navy and get a spiffy condo in San Diego, overlooking the ocean. Bless our kids' optimism. ;)

I'm glad he's taking this step - I think it's good for them, although I still steel myself for all the things that could go wrong. Hopefully Danny's problem-solving skills are a bit more advanced than thank you's. But I totally understand you missing him (and, 10 years ago, who'da thunk *any* of us would say that!!). Even when they're gone more than they're here, I think it's ... I don't know, comforting maybe to know that they'll pop back in soon. I enjoy seeing thank you's stuff so very neatly lined up in his room and I absolutely dread the day when he comes in to say he's moving out. But it will come, like it's supposed to, and at least our boys are better prepared than we dared hope (I think).

Yep, turn off the scanner, have a nice glass of wine, and ignore the helicopters.

Congrats to Danny, and to you.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
ROFLMBO - yea Sue - he was sure the Navy was going to get that Condo for him and give him 10,000 for signing up and I on the other hand was having anxiety/panic attacks non stop that someone would actually put him on a nuclear submarine (believe me, he has always talked such a good game he could have pulled that sign up off - it was the only time I was glad he had a police record LOL)

He is still a bit prickly at times, and I won't miss THAT part of him. Can only hope he has "really" learned from his mistakes

Marcie

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Ahhh Janet - I forgot about the TN oddessy. Little did he know that there was at least one mom of a difficult child in every state he crossed that was prepared to give him aid. Then it was the move to Seattle he was thinking about, or wanting to be traveling to Wisconsin to work at a cheese factory. I should sit down and write down all of the stories so one day I can pass them along to his kids if he has any.

SO laughs cause he has moved only 9 blocks away since he is such a mommys boy - me, I am doing a sigh of relief that he didn't get the house 4 houses down from us :) 9 blocks I can hang with LOL

DammitJanet

LOL...I hear you. Cory will never move far from me. In fact Cory will get this property when we die. Its heir property so he is the one it will pass on to to manage into the next generations. Oh Tony's sister wasnt thrilled with that one but oh well, we have been the ones in charge for over 25 years now and what we say goes. The only one who would ever want to be on this land is Cory and his kids anyway. Ahhh...we survived. (I hope it gives some hope...lol)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Marcie -

COngratulations on one more step for Danny......one big step for Momkind.....and 9 blocks IS better than 4 doors. You're a cool, tough Mom.....Now you've got someone close to shovel your snow? (I have no idea) but I'm glad he got a home of his own.

InsaneCdn

Someone to mow the lawn, maybe? wash the windows?

If it were MY son living 9 blocks away... he WOULD be shovelling snow.
Especially today.
;)

busywend

Great update and dash down memory lane! Really, who would have thought? We did not know we would actually survive. But we did! Let that be some solice to the non PE'rs out there!