Mcdonalds and McGrizzle

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
OK I am going to WW's 2night (yeah me)! I go through Mc D's thinking, ok "the last supper". As I am eating the last chicken nugget, I hit it, a huge piece of cartiledge like grizzle, I still have the lump in the back of my throat when I think about it, so needless to say I will not be missing mc D's anytime soon. I got sick on saurkraut 5 years ago, I have not had it sense!

If this post helps one board sister from going there today, I will feel re-affirmed about this post, oh God it was sooo gross!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

I DO like McD's salads... the Asian salad with-grilled chicken is my fav. I usually get that with a sugar-free iced coffee these days.

And as bad as the fries are for me, I usually can't resist stealing a couple from one of the kids.

When I was in my 20's and had the carefree life that allowed me to work out every day and no one living with me to sabotage my diets, I stopped eating fast food completely. Then one day, about 6 months later, I had a craving for McD's. I ate a burger and fries, and it was absolutely disgusting. I could literally feel the fat coagulating and coating the inside of my mouth and throat... yuck! I went back to eating my low fat, complex carb/protein diet and felt much better.

But then life happened and I've gone through too many fast food cycles and my body shows it. :(

Hope the WW program works for you AOG! And when you see that McD's drive thru, just keep on drivin' down the road!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My company once was assigned a loss (we're insurance adjusters who work for the insurance companies to save THEM money) at a plant that processed and packaged 'meats' for fast food restaurants - they will remain nameless.

Let's just say that was over 7 years ago and I haven't had a fast food burger or meat product since.

I could give details, but y'all will probably toss your cookies.

busywend

Go AOG! It might make it easier to say no - maybe it is fate!

JoG - please PM me some of those gross stories so I can deter my difficult child from going fast food ever again!

LittleDudesMom

AOG, totally gross!!! That would keep me away! Good luck at WW - keep us posted! There are a number of us doing WW, as well as a couple ladies here who are meeting leaders!

Sharon

N

Nomad

That was funny and HELPFUL! LOL! I've heard that if you tend to eat a food that is fattening and you can't eat it in small portions, etc. then it is sometimes good to picture it with bugs all over it. It loses its appeal real fast if you do this a few times.

Good luck with WW!! husband and are Lifetime Members and have found it most helpful!

Wishing you well!!! :D

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
the bug imagery sound better then tapping my head, like the dopey guy in the health channel had me doing LOL