ME Time What do you do??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok. I checked out the Sudoku Puzzles. They look interesting.

But there is a problem. The rules just don't make sense to me. :slap: I feel like a dufus.

I get that the square can only contain numbers 1-9. But what I don't understand is how you decide where to place numbers with the numbers they give you on the grid. I think if someone could direct me with this I'll be able to work the puzzles.

As it stands, I just keep going HUH??? :crazy:

Marguerite

Lisa, I posted an a new thread on Sudoku. basically, you have to be certain about a number's placement before you put it in because there's too much scope for error. If you find you've got it wrong, you have to completely start over. You can't just rub out this number and try it somewhere else...

I do mine in pencil where I can (it depends on what paper it's printed on) or on the computer. That way you can erase mistakes and start over again. I use a pacer pencil - I carry spare leads and a small eraser, plus a printed puzzle in my pocket. When a puzzle is completed the back of it becomes notepaper before it gets recycled.

Marg

busywend

Daisy, I do mine in pencil, too.

There are few ways to approach the puzzle.

I first look at the first 3 long rows (3 entire boxes of 9) and scan for 2 numbers. For example, if there is a 6 in the first box (of 9) in the first column and a 6 in the second box (of 9) in the third column, the 3rd box (of 9) must need a 9 in the second column. Now I need to know which row it goes in. Then I look at the rows of 9 that are intersecting with that second box (of 9). If there is a 9 in any of those rows, that row is eliminated from getting a 9 in my second box (of 9).

It is tough to explain it typing.

Edit: I am sure Marg did a better explanation in the other thread - which I just saw! LOL!

dreamer

Hmm what do I do? Um, LOL- I am not sure I get much "me" time, with husband and the kids, but- I do steal time for long hot baths with a book or magazine. Becuz there are 5 of us and only 1 bathroom, I dare not lock the door, and so everyone always finds me anyway and they come and go with their difficulties, LOL.
I have been known to "kidnap" one of my kids here and there and pirate them off to destination unknown for several hours (or even on occasion overnite) and subject them to ME. LOL. So- while I consider it "me" time, it is spent with one of the kids. I like to cook, so cooking can be considered "me" time, I guess? and I like to mow the lawn these days- so- I consider that "me time" of a sort, as well. Problem is if anyone needs something when I am mowing, my mower will not re start if I turn it off to hear them. (not for several hours anyway) so the kids and husband do not really understand that sometimes I go mow just to get away, LOL. (ROFL, I always justify my long bath as soaking my poor ole body and mowing becuz gosh the lawn needs it, LOL and hey it is "THERAPY" AND "EXERCISE" lol.

mY husband and kids love jigsaw puzzle3s and they also love sudoku, but not me, I cannot be still that long. even when I was sick and bedridden, I could not do them. During that time, mostly I slept or cried cuz I was going nuts being laid up. Even TV was no help. It drove me nuts, too. ANd I cannot watch movies at all.

LOL, my husband decided to be sweet and tell me to go get my nails done once. I HATED it. I also HATE getting my hair done. WHen they did my nails, they kept hurting my poor gnarled fingers and when they do my hair I hate how it looks and feels. LOL.

I guess my most fav thing is to go to the coffee shop with myself or one of the kids or husband and "visit" over a coke, coffee or milkshake or something and people watch. And now I have my own new bicycle, and I have begun to take bike rides. I also love to wake very early before the rest of the family and go sit in my yard and watch the birds and critters. Altho I seldom "sit" more than a minute or 2 before I get up and begin pulling weeds etc, LOL.