Miffed at myself

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
In the morning I'll be failing my first test.:mad:

I missed thursday's anatomy due to a not so lovely virus that Aubrey now seems to have. Which means I didn't get that day's notes, which of course is what the professor tests on. The classmate I usually get the notes from was out sick for chemistry today and I won't see her until the morning. umph

I did make an attempt to read thru the book on the chapters. But this guy does everything per his notes........So I have no way of knowing what they went over/did during class which is what we'll be tested on.

Irks me no end. But can't do alot about it now. At least I get 1 to toss out. (this is a quiz) And I've done very well on the others. This one will be my toss out because I doubt I can wing it.

But I'll be dragging my fanny in there sick or well the rest of the quarter.:faint:

On a happier note, I seem to be catching onto the chemistry rather well now. (that's sort of scary)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I admire you Lisa for you taking on so much school later in life and being so successful at it.

I had the idea for a career change a few years ago since I didn't know what was going to happen to my job - it was medical trascription. I think I was lost three days into the class for a 6 week course- I don't know what I was thinking - I HATED Latin when I was in high school and refused to learn any of it back then ROFLMO.

I am sure you won't "fail" your class, maybe you will just not make your usual high grade :)

Fingers being crossed for you,..

Marcie

KTMom91

Going back to school as an adult is very difficult, and I applaud you for doing this. I know. I did it. Hopefully you'll be able to pull enough out to get a passing grade, and it's good to have that one "toss out" as a back up. Fingers crossed, good thoughts sent.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Lisa,
Maybe it won't be as bad as you think-if it is, like you said you can throw it out but I can imagine how frustrating that is. I remember in college for a WWII history class I took, the teacher was awesome, but his entire grading was pop quizzes and always off his notes in class, we too were able to throw one away. It irked me to no end that I had to attend a professional conference and missed one but at least I was able to throw it away.

Good for you on getting chemistry-I'm sure I never would.

goldenguru

Hi Daisy -

Like yourself I'm a middle aged college student.

In the big picture, one exam isn't going to derail you!!

I am in my senior year and doing my internship. I was just thinking on the way home yesterday that I can not afford the 'luxury' of getting sick in the next 8 months. The agenda just won't allow it. How's that for pressure?? LOL.

Good luck with- that quiz today. You might find than you do better than you think. Let us know.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks guys. :)

You know usually I like the fact that this professor tests off his notes........but in this way it can work against you.

I guess I'll be finding out how much I remember from Biology class. I told that professor that he's pulled me out of more hot water for anatomy than he could ever imagine. lol (awesome professor)

In the overall scheme of things 1 quiz won't hurt much. Just irks me personally. Odds are (in this class) no one else studied, most will fail it, and he'll have us take it again on thursday. That's what usually happens. He's done it the last 2 quarters and now the class milks it.......well those who don't bother to study milk it. Normally that drives me nuts....this time it may work in my favor. lol

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hugs

TerryJ2

Lisa,
I hope it goes better than you expect. You may be surprised.
I hope you feel better.
Yes that is scary that you're doing well in chem (only because you say so). Do we get smarter as we get older? :)

crazymama30

I feel your pain. I have an Anthropology test today, and an Algebra test by Thursday. I did well in my psychology test last week, did not study much but it was over some easier concepts. I haven't studied for Anthropology as I have been busy, and I think the math test will be harder so I have been focusing on that. Good luck. I will be thinking of you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I bombed it. Although I discovered my memory is much better than I'd thought. lol I got a 68.........but almost the entire class scores were in the 50's! (what's up with this class??)

So it's been scheduled as a retake on thursday. :D whew!

cm Anthropology sounds interesting. But I hated Alegebra. lol Made it thru by the skin of my teeth......and the guy rounded the grades and gave me a B. (I'm not complaining)

Good luck on your tests too.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

Lisa, I'm glad you get to retake the test. I'm also not surprised that you scored better than the rest of the class. You're motivated and determined and darn intelligent. But, you need to cut yourself some slack. You were sick. One little quiz isn't worth beating yourself up over. No sense in making yourself sick over being sick.

**Stepping down off my mom box**

TerryJ2

Yaaaay for the retake!

So sorry everyone bombed it. But at least this way you know what's in store for you. It doesn't get any better than that.
I hope you got some sleep last night and that you get even more tonight.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Lisa, one thing that got OTHERS through college when I attended is I was a gifted note taker. So I had a few buddies that for whatever reason missed a lecture and I'd photocopy my notes. Tests that are lecture based are hard. You can read all the books you want, but the professor wants what he/she talked about.

I don't really see it as cheating. If you had a car accident, kid sick, whatever...I'd just copy my notes and give them out. Find a buddy.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey, good advice and I do have a buddy. :D And she did copy the notes for me. She just happened to miss our next class together (she caught the same bug) and couldn't get them to me in time. I do the same for her when she misses. Actually, there is a group of us that do this for each other because when you've got kids/family/work stuff happens.

I do have those notes now. And have spent quite alot of time studying them. I think I'll be fine on the retake tomorrow, but one never knows with this professor. lol

Let's just say I'm learning far more than I ever wanted to know about the inner workings of the human digestive system. :faint:

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
praying for a good grade! Sorry you were under the weather. I am dragging my feet starting my 1st term paper in 20 years!