mini ant update

Sunlight

ant is due to go to state pen october 17.
he has been working daily but drunk nightly. he went to a Lynryd Skynrd concert last weekend and is still on a bender with multiple women coming and going.

other than that, for this week only-- he and Kaleb, boyfriend and another difficult child are staying at my house. they are working a big roof job near me and since I live an hour from ant's place, the whole lot of them are here. ant brought along the other difficult child to help with the roof. the other difficult child is 27 and a coke head-struggling this week with anxiety and constant motion as he is drug free not by choice here. he has an 18 mo old baby girl he is not allowed to see and shows her pictures to us. I am running a "feed em and send em to work with boyfriend daily" house.

this morning ant crawled into bed and slept with Kaleb. other than that, he plays with him a bit and cannot even seem to remember how to bathe him anymore. Kaleb asks for me to put him to bed, and sits with me and boyfriend. I have to get Kaleb to go sit with his dad as he seems to be more detached from him. Kaleb has been here 10 dys or so, his mom never even calls. he was to go back today but she said she is too tired. (I am ok with that)

ant is very huggy with me and even did the dishes last night. he asked if he can live here til he goes but I said no. he has to live at his own apartment. I do feel sorry for him. I guess I do not believe that his 4th DUI warrants a one to two yr sentence at the state pen. it doesnt make sense. I wish oh wish they had an appropriate way to deal with this, perhaps work release, or some other way. then again, he knew the consequence and did the deed anyway...like usual. he wants his fav dinner tonight...stuffed peppers...so I will make them.

crazymama30

This is a very hard time for you, and poor little Kaleb must be very confused. Hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Janet, I know he did the deed. I know he has to pay the consequence but I am so sad to see one of our own head to jail. I don't know ant but I feel so disappointed in his inability to choose the right way or to think clearly enough to make the choice. I'm sure it is not much comfort to you but I wanted you to know that my mommy heart feels for you and for ant. His choices have lost him most of his young adult life. :crying:

PS: I'd be making Kaleb's favorite meal instead of ant's to tell the truth but I know you don't want ant to feel abandoned either. I go through this with my difficult child. I keep trying to keep him connected to the good, healthy things in the family so there isn't a complete separation. You want him to still have a sense of belonging. I don't know if it matters to my difficult child or to ant but it's obvious it matters to us.

saving grace

Janet, You are an amazing Mom and Gramma, I feel for you all. I wish oh wish that Danielle would just go away and you could keep Kaleb and get her for abandonment. That boy deserves a chance in life. I wouldnt send him back until she comes to your front door to get him.

Grace

PS Tell Ant I also love stuffed peppers! How do you make them?

KFld

I totally agree with Frans response. That is the response I pretty much had in my head before I read hers.

Sounds to me like Ant is pretty much in self destruct mode, knowing he's going away, so he probably figures why even try anything different at this point.

How sad it is that no matter what he goes through in life, he just can't seem to get it!

I'm glad you didn't give in and just allow him to stay at your house until he goes. I think that would put to much stress and worry on you, seeing him everyday and watching him destroy himself more before he leaves.

I'll be thinking about you.

tpcmom

Janet,

You know you are always in my prayers, I think he is figuring he is going away anyway so why bother, my difficult child is doing the same thing.

I wish he'd be more closer to Kaleb because he won't be seeing him as much, that's sad. They don't realize what they are missing, until it's too late.

You are so strong! Hang in there!

Bette

DammitJanet

Why is it that they dont realize what they are messing up until they have already done so much damage that they cant undue it?

Cory has dug a hole so deep I have no idea how he is going to manage to crawl out of it. He finally has a really good job with a chance to make something of himself and he is now fighting the quicksand of his own doing. He has constant court dates for all these stupid felonies and Im betting my right arm that he is going to end up in prison for it and he will never be able to get this good job back. Im not telling him this because I dont want him to lose hope but what a stupid thing he has done.

They mess themselves up so badly without even thinking about it.

goldenguru

((((hugs))))

I'm sure the waiting has got to be horrible. How do you go about life normally knowing that in a month you'll be locked up in jail for a good number of months? I'm guessing the drinking is a form of self medicating.

So sorry.

Sunlight

Kaleb's fav meal is every meal...lol
he is a good eater but long and lean like ant.

I make stuffed peppers problem like most people do:
mix ground beef with onion, salt and pepper, uncooked rice
stuff into green pepper halves or quarters

pour lots of Campbell's tomato soup on top

cook to death. I like to cook it all day at 275. (about 4 or 5 hours) truthfullly you can cook it at 350 for an hour and half but I like it well done.

KFld

not to change the subject, but I like to cook my stuffed peppers in the crockpot for 8-10 hours. It's one of my favorite winter meals that I like to throw in in the morning and come home from week in the afternoon and dinner is already cooked. The only thing I do different is I use marinara sauce, which I also mix a little into the mix and then pour the rest on top.

Jen

What an overwhelming houseful you have!
Sometimes I would like to see my difficult child go to jail, and pay consequences, and think.. I would like to see a miraculous change in his mind and action towrd himself, family, children, and work, but somehow I dont think jail will serve a purpose, how about you with Ant?

Talking about Kalebs Mom, she is for sure on vacation mode, and probably exhausted. That little boys so needs love, normalcy, and routine in his life. But again, isnt that what we gve our children and look how they turned out.

Take care of yourself.

Jen

lovemysons

Janet,

I would be in agony watching the "normal" of the day combined with what awaits.

I'm so glad baby Kaleb has you.
I so wish this weren't the way it has to be...

with love,
Tammy

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
so sad to see your continuing hurting heart janet. sorry for you my friend and sending big hugs to you, ant & kaleb
:angel:
I didn't know <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 14pt'>ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD </span></span>who made stuffed green peppers!!!

My mom would grind up left-over pot roast to use with rice & soup to stuff peppers.

My brothers and I <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>hated them!!</span> :thumbsdown:

That's too funny that other human beings actually know of this ritual, and that its ant's favorite! :flower:

Peace

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of you and hoping Kaleb's mom soon tires of her "meal ticket" idea of motherhood and Kaleb gets to stay with you for a long time. Hope Ant's time in jail goes quickly and he learns to curb the drinking.....

Saying prayers for happier times......

SunnyFlorida

Janet, I know how heartbreaking this is. Believe it or not, it hurts us too. :crying: Like Fran said, "one of our own is headed back to jail". It's just so sad.

I know the "do the crime, pay the time" thing, I too wish there was some way to make these people (men/women) work their sentence off rather than just warehouse them.

I'm glad Kaleb has you and boyfriend. I too think Ant is sort of just giving up with the "why bother" and staying drunk most of the time. That in itself is sad.

Keeping you in my prayers.