Mom. I can't move my arm.

susiestar

Roll With It
Yup. That was what she told me.

Jess jell a little before noon. She told me her arm hurt, that she needed to ice it and rest a little. She went to the State Fair yesterday and barfed late last night, so I let her sleep today.

She fell, then took a nap on the couch. I changed her ice pack several times, she has soccer scheduled Sat andSun.

No soccer for a few weeks.

OF COURSE she tells me she can't move it AFTER teh walk in clinic closed. So it was the ER with the 5xbigger copay. And of course it ws 30 mins before I was supposed to babysit my niece.

It is NOT broken, but she should move it as little as possible. We saw a new doctor and guess what?

NO ONE suggested BENADRYL!! The other doctor in our ER give benadryl for everything. Migraine, panic attack, sinus infection, broken bones, I kid you not, this man for YEARS has done nothing but give out benadryl.

I like the new doctor. He came in to see her to try to order an xray to get the view in 1 film, instead of a series.

He also gave a rx for pain medications, didn't treat me like a druggie for insisting on pain mgmt for her.

So, 2 hours, 1 xray, and 3 footlong subs picked up on the way home, she is in the recliner with a sling.

And Tylenol 3. (Can you say stoned? I kne wyou could. But it isn't hurting too much.)

That's our evening, hope yours was better.

Susie

tiredmommy

What? Benadryl doesn't fix broken bones? :rofl: I hope she's feeling better soon. I can just picture her nursing this injury: "But Mom, I can do that! I hurt my arm only 3 months ago!" :smile:
Good luck!