More grief......asking for prayers

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by recoveringenabler, Jan 17, 2018.

1. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

My 92 year old mother has been hospitalized for shortness of breath. They found a "spot" on her lung which is cancer. They are keeping her in the hospital to keep an eye on the fluid buildup, which I'm not sure is from her lungs or her heart. My mother has never had any kind of illness before. This is hitting me hard. My sister is facing the end stages of cancer too......

.....If it feels right, please pray for their comfort.....facing the loss of my mother is tough.

Thanks so much.

2. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

Of course you are in my prayers RE, as is your mother. I hope that she recovers soon and you have several more years together. :hugs:

3. RN0441

RN0441 100% better than I was but not at 100% yet

Prayers to you and your family. So sorry to hear about your mother.

4. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

RE, I'm holding you, your mom and sister in my prayers. I pray that during this difficult time you will have peace.
    ((HUGS))

5. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

Keeping you, your mother, and your sister in my thoughts. I'm facing up to my mother's impending death as well. She's not sick other than Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and various cardiovascular issues, but she is 83, getting frail, and a bout of pneumonia could carry her off. I'm more facing her mortality. I hope that what is best for your mother happens, and that you are able to cope whatever that is.

6. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Prayers for your sick loved ones. Prayers that you can stay strong.

7. newstart

newstart Active Member

Deepest prayers for peace in your heart and for you to have the strength to accept what we can't control. My mother is 93 and in a nursing home. In and out of hospice several times. We never know the date. Love, strength and compassion all around you. Peace for an easy transistion for your sister. And God's loving arms around you.

8. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

Oh my! I missed that your sister is also very ill. I'm so sorry. What a lot you have to go through right now. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you find strength, comfort and peace.

9. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and your loved ones.

10. Sam3

Sam3 Active Member

I’m so sorry and I will add to the prayers.

11. Crayola13

Crayola13 Active Member

I hope your mother recovers. She's lived a long life and is fortunate not to have had any problems until now. She still has all her mental faculties, which accounts for a lot at her age. I'm very sorry about your sister. It sounds like she's had it rough. Please take care of yourself.

12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Many hugs and prayers going out.

13. New Leaf

New Leaf Well-Known Member

Re, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers going up for your Mom, sister and ohana. May God wrap you all in his loving embrace, guide you and strengthen you throughout this difficult time. Sending love and aloha from Oahu.
    (((HUGS)))
    Leafy

14. Littleboylost

Littleboylost On the road unwanted to travel

Hugs and prayers are going up for you all. no matter what age we are it is si very difficult to see our parents ill. I am so very sorry to hear the news about your sister as well. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you my dear RE.

15. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

Praying for you, your sister, and your mom.

16. BloodiedButUnbowed

BloodiedButUnbowed Active Member

Hugs and prayers!

17. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

Many gentle hugs and prayers going up. It is never easy.

18. Scent of Cedar *

Scent of Cedar * Well-Known Member

So sorry this is happening Re. Hugs for you, warm and easy. Prayers for you, and for your people.

Cedar

19. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so very sorry. Adding my prayers to those of others, for the best outcomes for your loved ones.

Please take care of yourself. (((((hugs)))))

20. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.

Hope your mother is doing better.

Apple