More grief......asking for prayers

recoveringenabler

Staff member
My 92 year old mother has been hospitalized for shortness of breath. They found a "spot" on her lung which is cancer. They are keeping her in the hospital to keep an eye on the fluid buildup, which I'm not sure is from her lungs or her heart. My mother has never had any kind of illness before. This is hitting me hard. My sister is facing the end stages of cancer too......

.....If it feels right, please pray for their comfort.....facing the loss of my mother is tough.

Thanks so much.

Lil

Of course you are in my prayers RE, as is your mother. I hope that she recovers soon and you have several more years together. :hugs:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
RE, I'm holding you, your mom and sister in my prayers. I pray that during this difficult time you will have peace.
((HUGS))

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Keeping you, your mother, and your sister in my thoughts. I'm facing up to my mother's impending death as well. She's not sick other than Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and various cardiovascular issues, but she is 83, getting frail, and a bout of pneumonia could carry her off. I'm more facing her mortality. I hope that what is best for your mother happens, and that you are able to cope whatever that is.

newstart

My 92 year old mother has been hospitalized for shortness of breath. They found a "spot" on her lung which is cancer. They are keeping her in the hospital to keep an eye on the fluid buildup, which I'm not sure is from her lungs or her heart. My mother has never had any kind of illness before. This is hitting me hard. My sister is facing the end stages of cancer too......

.....If it feels right, please pray for their comfort.....facing the loss of my mother is tough.

Thanks so much.
Deepest prayers for peace in your heart and for you to have the strength to accept what we can't control. My mother is 93 and in a nursing home. In and out of hospice several times. We never know the date. Love, strength and compassion all around you. Peace for an easy transistion for your sister. And God's loving arms around you.

Lil

Oh my! I missed that your sister is also very ill. I'm so sorry. What a lot you have to go through right now. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you find strength, comfort and peace.

Crayola13

I hope your mother recovers. She's lived a long life and is fortunate not to have had any problems until now. She still has all her mental faculties, which accounts for a lot at her age. I'm very sorry about your sister. It sounds like she's had it rough. Please take care of yourself.

New Leaf

Re, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers going up for your Mom, sister and ohana. May God wrap you all in his loving embrace, guide you and strengthen you throughout this difficult time. Sending love and aloha from Oahu.
(((HUGS)))
Leafy

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hugs and prayers are going up for you all. no matter what age we are it is si very difficult to see our parents ill. I am so very sorry to hear the news about your sister as well. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you my dear RE.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry. Adding my prayers to those of others, for the best outcomes for your loved ones.

Please take care of yourself. (((((hugs)))))