My cat is missing.

susiestar

Roll With It
We cannot find our little cat Gracie Lou Freebush.:sad-very: It is not like her to even go outside, much less to run away. She ahs been outside on the porch once, when we had snow and she was fascinated with it. None of us heard her cry out if she got hurt. We have gone through everything in the house and we still cannot find her.

If she was inside surely we would have heard her cry out by now? husband thinks she is somewhere curled up dead and just told the kids that "She will start to stink in a few days." He sounds so callous.

I know he isn't. She is his kitty, or he is her person. I know he is hurting.

Please pray that she either comes home or if we find her body that it was quick.

donna723

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you find her safe and well. How long has she been missing?

Are you sure she couldn't be hiding somewhere inside? Cats can cram themselves into some amazingly small places. We've found them hiding inside dresser drawers, under cabinets, and even crawled up inside the living room sofa! I'll say a prayer that your Gracie is found quickly and that she's OK.

susiestar

Roll With It
husband just found her!!! None of us had seen her since early Thursday morning. We still have NO idea where she was, but husband just walked out of thank you's room and she sat up and meowed to him. She was just sitting on her shelf by the hallway. (It is her shelf because she tosses anything we put on it off, so we quit putting things there.)

He brought her to me and she shows no signs of trauma. I have been so worried for the last 36 hours. thank you was looking under the bed in all the rooms. When he came into our room he crawled up to snuggle with me and cry. He is beaming now!

Thanks for all the good thoughts. 3 Cheers to the power of the Board!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Gracie Lou Freebush was off doing some FBI work-----I'm nearly sure of it. lol......GLAD to hear she has returned to civilian life with her undercover family.

(Lord I HATE when they do that covert-opps thing) blasted govt. stuff.

donna723

I'm so glad Gracie Lou finally decided to come out of hiding and that she's OK! You must be so relieved ...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bruce has done that to us a few times................although not for that long. I'd have been worried sick. Now we know when Bruce has disappeared.........he's scoping out the upstairs.

So glad you found her and she's alright, you must have been horribly worried.

Hugs

mstang67chic

Going Green
Glad to hear she was found safe and sound! Sometimes it seems like worrying about our furry family members is the worst because they can't tell us what's wrong or what they've been up to.

TerryJ2

36 hrs! I would be insane!

I kept one of our kitties in the guest rm last night, and my poor husband, who had to get up at 5:30 for a mtng (thus, my venture into the guest rm) could not find her. She is white, the comforter is white, the carpeting is white.

He called from a break in the mtng to see if we'd found her.

Tonight, I spent 45 min. looking for her, so difficult child could have both kitties in his rm at bedtime.
Guess where she was? In bed with-husband.
Get Even Time, indeed.
Hmpf.

So glad Gracie is safe. They have no idea how stressed we get over them.

susiestar

Roll With It
I think she cut her covert ops short because husband was so upset. We still have NO idea where she was. None at all.

The kids were in their rooms and husband started crying (he is her person - totally wrapped around her paw) because he couldn't face finding her dead somewhere in the house and he was positive that is what would happen.

He went to get some tissues out of the bathroom and she reached up and grabbed his leg as he passed her. It was really amazing.

I am sure she realized how upset he was, and why, and that is why she revealed herself.

maril

I am glad you found your little friend. :D What a relief for you all.

My cat is an old boy, who follows me everywhere. Over the years, I have slowly become attached to him (he used to be a handful, a feline difficult child, who could be vicious). I told my husband recently that if our cat would pass away, I hope I am not the one who finds him.

Last edited:

mstang67chic

Going Green
My cat has her favorite spots that she uses for sleep, sunbeam catching or just general hanging out. Now and then, she'll find a new one and it throws us off because it isn't a place you would expect her to be. (The canned goods shelf behind the green beans for example) Plus, depending on their coloring, the surroundings and the unexpectedness of the spot, you just don't see them. I'd bet money that that's what happened here.

Abbey

Spork Queen
OH, I'm so glad she turned up. My childhood kittie would always go in the drawer that held the paper bags. She'd turn up a few days later. Now, if you wanted a really good time, you'd give her some catnip. She might not show up for a week.

Abbey