My house is listed!!!

crazymama30

Finally!!! husband has been working on it in bits and pieces since December, and it is good enough to list. There is now a sign in front. Real estate agent (who is also my father in law) my have an offer today!! Oh, I so hope so. The housing market is bad, but I bought before everything went so high (especially here) so I should hopefully make money. That would be so nice. It would be a huge load off to have it gone, while I am sad to see it go at the same time. Oh well. father in law called me the other day to see if we were ready to list, and I said close enough. When I went to sign papers last night he said he had not one but two people who might be interested in it. He was over at the house last night checking it out and told husband before they left that he may have an offer today. Cross your fingers for me, I could sure use some luck.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Can you loan me your husband? I need some stuff done to get the heck outta here too - so while I am glad for you I will also be honest and tell you I'm envious at the same time.

I need away from this madness.

everywoman

I'll take him after he finishes Star's work. I have so much to do around here it's making my head turn in circles. And husband's I'll get it done isn't convincing!!!

crazymama30

Star, if you take husband you have to keep him. Ha Ha Ha. It did take 6mos, and he can be the king of difficult child's.

In all honesty, I am so glad he was able to do the work, it is way cheaper than paying to have it done.

crazymama30

We already moved, we consolidated households with my mom. (read between the lines, husband has not worked in 2 years and who knows if he will be able to again.) It's ok, and this is actually working out fine.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH yeah ?

DF had not worked in 9 years -

I told him 5 years ago I wanted to move -

He started to clean his packrattedness (it is too a word) up on the hottest day of the year. Hurt his back, had to be put in traction at the ER, and came home and rested for another 4 years. Then he complains he can't do anything in the summer - it's too hot. (Um - I laid pipe and drove heavy equipment in 100 degree heat and came home and worked too) then in the winter he says "OH AH NOW I can work in this".....went out moved ONE heavy thing, broke his back again - AND WELL YOU GET THE PICTURE.

So I have not had a bathroom in my masterbedroom for 5 years. The floor fell in - I cleaned it out - and THAT was that.
Now the other bath is going to go (water damage) and.....I have 2 HUGE and I mean like 800lbs rolls of Berber carpet ready to go into the house - and can't get the dining room done. So I spackled the walls myself - and now due to the Methadone - he says he can't remember how to cut a 45 degree angle for this crooked house so it looks right. ARGH -

But dares me -------to do any of it myself - HE WILL GET IT.

YEAH - well you go on - I told him I will NOT be here for Christmas - (and sadly it's June) and I will be. And my poor Mom will spend another year alone.

So I'll take your difficult child hubby - if he can at least be physically healthy enough to do the work - lol.

Between my own health and DF's - I'm ready to have an estate sale sell EVERYTHING I own - and move with whatever I make.

ARGH - I HATE IT HERE. :mad:

crazymama30

Well star, he is healthy enough to do the work as long as he has his percocets and sometimes a beer or two. He somehow does it, but man does he pay. He won't be able to straighten up for days afterward. He is a royal pain, but he is my royal pain and at least he does what he can. Today he texted me a heart while I was working. I did not even know you could text a heart

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hey...I packed up 52 boxes this morning to have husband say we can't take it all. Ummm...could you have TOLD me that a tad earlier? Then, I went to work all day. My back is killing me.

So, had to open up ALL the boxes. Now we have a garage sale staging room. To make matters worse, we are all going 3 separate ways. It's getting REALLY hard to keep them apart.

Why did I have to open them up? Well, in my 'expert' planning I mixed things to make the boxes not so heavy. (easy child's stuff is his deal...not getting involved with that.) And, the people who are moving in don't want us to clean a thing. They have money and are hiring every possible person on earth to do it for them. Thank God for that.

husband is working on it...I'll give him that. Still a tornado house, though.

I hate moving.

Abbey

Abbey

crazymama30

I figured out when we moved that I had accumlated so much stuff that it was scary. I hate moving too, I really do not know anyone who likes it.