my story

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
Gosh. I do not think a psychiatric diagnosis is reason to mistreat anybody or an excuse or reason a mother or anybody else should be mistreated or disrespected.

I worked in prisons with severely mentally ill prisoners including those manic and psychotic. Largely they controlled their behavior because it was not tolerated. I

I am not advocating treating your child harshly. But this is the real world. He eitger deals with or there are harsh and real consequences.
I absolutely agree Copa, there is no excuse for abuse. What I was trying to say with his current unstable state is that he doesn't seem to get the way he had been behaving with me is wrong and out there. He hasn't even acknowledged it and treated me as if I was behaving the way he was. But with that, he is still responsible for his behavior. That's why he was removed from my house with a temporary restraining order and will never live under the same roof as me again.

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
Deni. I am sorry for reacting.

Our stories have a number of similarities. I think I get triggered. I apologize.

It is just so sad and hard for us.

Copa ~ I didn't think you reacted, I thought you made a good point.

Sam3

So many times the right medication can be the difference between life as a productive citizen and life on the streets.

That is true and such an unfair mofo situation. It breaks my heart to think of it. I swear, IF I supported coercive government action (which I don’t) it would be in this one area — forcing at least one period of long term medication compliance, so there was a chance that lucid choices could be made about self directed medication compliance going forward.