My To-Do list for Friday

Andy

I think I probably shouldn't be on here tomorrow am (though I may find a way!). Here is my agenda for tomorrow:

1. Cook Caramel Rolls (they are made and rising)
2. Pack bread machine and all ingredients to make another batch of rolls
3. Pack clothes for Sat and Sun
4 Set out Sat and Sun medications for difficult child
5. Set out Sat and Sun clothes for difficult child
6. Pack Creative Memories supplies (scrapbooking) into van
7. Take difficult child to school - he will probably be telling me that he needs to stay home - he is dying - there is something wrong with his head, ect. ect. ect. (Xanax helped just a little today so may try again tomorrow). School refusal is getting super bad!
8. Cart Breadmachine and supplies into school - set up as much as possible before going to work
9. Work until 11:30
10. Pick up lunch for difficult child (He wants Applebees Car Side To Go but I don't know if I will have even the few minutes it takes to call that in)
11. Supervise school lunch (difficult child will be starting the breadmachine at lunch time so dough will be ready at 1:30 for his demonstration)
12. Help with 2nd grade Social Studies
13. Put names on 14 note cards to graduates (I wrapped the gifts and wrote the cards today - one less thing to do) (If recess is indoors maybe I can do this then) Actually, one of the teachers watches the recess - I usually volunteer that time so the teacher can have longer lunch - maybe I need to be selfish this time?
14. Set up Sunday School attendance table
15. Set up 3rd and 4th grade Sunday School classroom for movie
16. Find a bible verse and catechism reading for opening on Sunday (again, if inside recess, I can do this while watching the kids)
17. Maybe find a devotional for difficult child to do in my absencse on Sunday (though that may not happen)
18. Watch difficult child's presentation on how to roll out, butter, cinnamon and sugar, roll up, and cut dough for caramel rolls. (maybe even video tape it - starting to love digital) (bringing this morning's rolls in to eat - no time to raise and bake this batch)
19. Help difficult child with clean up from demonstration and prepare basket of supplies for husband to take home.
20. Make sure bowling ball is not in the van (on the off chance difficult child can talk husband into taking him bowling).
21. Leave by 2:30/3:00 pm for the cities. (Thankful that I don't have to find a gas stop along the way tomorrow unless I want to)
22. Miss my traveling companion (difficult child) until I reach my destination. I don't always like to travel alone.

Now, if I forgot anything, please don't remind me, just do it for me! PLEASE!

I should not have volunteered for lunchtime duty on the first working day of the month. I may not have time to verify all in-patient and out-patient funding in three hours. Out-Patient may have to wait until Monday.

Oh well, it will work out. I will just breath through each step and not worry about the next. I am having a mini panic attack wondering if this is doable so I better sign off and go to bed - things will be easier after a good night's rest.

If I don't get on in the morning, I will be back Sunday night!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh my, I'm tired reading this list. Will you be o.k. to drive with-o a nap earlier in the day? Be safe and have fun scrapbooking!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Take it one step at a time, try not to worry and HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! And, mmmmm, save a caramel roll for MEEEEEE!!!

Andy

Yeah! I am ahead of schedule! I have #1-6 and 8 and 20 done. Now for #7. We need to leave early so that we can stop and purchase a single milk (needs 7/8 cup) and set up everything. He will not have much time to put all ingredients in and press "Start" before 12:00.

Oh, another item to add - that time of the month! Need a special purchase. Oh well, probably can get that with the milk stop.

:D I'm going away! I'm going away! :D

PamLynne

Budgie
As for me (I'm new) I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to be doing next Friday. Thanks for bringing up the subject. It gives me a chance to describe one of my greatest dilemmas: I have found myself completely unable, from one day to the next, to predict my course of action. I might find myself engaged in elaborate plans one evening before going to sleep and the next day, it's all moved to "the back burner" as something seeming much more urgent takes their place.

I may as well add--I hope it's okay to be a member, seeing as how I'm not a parent of a child with a behavior disorder but a 50-year-old grown-up who had a behavior disorder as a child and is still puzzling over why and how it all started. This week I happened across the diagnosis "Reactive Attachment Disorder - Disinhibited Type" and recognized an exact description of myself, as a child. At the present time other neurotic and possibly psychotic manifestations have been added to that--at the age of 12 I was put on Thorazine because my social awkwardness (inability to relate normally to my peers) resulted in ridicule and social ostracism, which in turn, resulted in behavior patterns which may have resembled childhood schizophrenia.

All I really wanted was someone to talk to--a friend--at least, for everyone to leave me alone and quit beating up on me (psychologically). Finally I withdrew, despite my naturally outgoing and trusting nature (too naiive, in fact) from the "real" crowd and became immersed in fantasies--a tendency I have yet to completely shed. I still start conversations with strangers, people I meet on bus stops and in shops, or anywhere at all--whoever happens to be nearby--as if I had known them for years; I still cannot comprehend the strange looks I sometimes get, the way people tend to turn away or excuse themselves and walk out of the room. And yet I cannot seem to form lasting, close relationships with anyone, and fail to keep touch with former friends after moving away (I've done a lot of moving around).

I still don't have a diagnosis of this disorder, however, and have other problems (as above stated) in addition to what started the whole ordeal--my "indiscriminate sociability"--all of which I hope to get started working through with a therapist (I had my first session Wednesday this week).

If anyone would like to send me a message or comment on this, or would like to know what life has been like from my perspective (if you're a parent of a child with this disorder), please send one along--I'll try to remember to visit this website in a few days although I can't promise anything--I'll try. Thanks.

Andy

O.K. Busywend, Are you trying to add to my to-do-list? :rofl: I think my list got so overwhelming that you forgot to log off this thread and onto another? (at first I thought you were inviting everyone to join me in scrapbooking - that would be super fun - but then I notice this hotel isn't in my scrapbooking town)

Yes Star, I have Creative Memories cutters along with, scissors, papers, stickers, pages, templates, pens (bold and fine tip), corner punchers, tape, ect. ect. ect. One large wheeled container and one smaller that sits on the large can hold MOST of my stuff.

I am working on difficult child's graduation album and got a lot done yesterday.

I need to find his wallet size pictures so I can make a confirmation book like the one I did for DIVA. I am so proud of that book. It is very unique. Once I have the pictures, the journaling is pretty much the catechism's main points.

I don't think I am very creative in the art world, however, I do love paper work and it dawned on me that scrapbooking is all about paper work so that is why I am drawn to it.

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Andy,

My daughter made me the most beautiful scrapbook for my birthday. I know she didn't get that talent from me! It looks like a fun hobby, though.

Abbey