Need Some Mega JuJu Good Vibes Ect

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We have a potential buyer for mother in law's house. A young single mother has seen it 3 times now. She LOVES the house. She WANTS the house BAD. But the economy is scaring her out of putting in an offer.

mother in law's house is an old 4 bedroom victorian. It's in very good condition, just needs a bit of updating and maintenance. There is nothing seriously wrong with the house. And even at the 79,000 price, the house is priced low. The woman would be getting a steal at that price as the house also sits on a huge lot in a good neighborhood.

mother in law told husband's brother she's ready to drop the price. For now she'll go as low as she paid for it. (68,000) mother in law got it as a steal cuz the young couple she bought it from had to move out of state for teaching jobs. They needed to unload the house to afford the new one they'd bought. The couple grabbed her offer because she paid cash for it.

There is an open house sunday. Realitor told brother in law that if this woman steps foot inside the house she won't let her leave until she's hooked the sale. (realitor also is owner of the co)

mother in law is getting mighty desperate. Her money is disappearing and she's nearly broke. She MIGHT be able to make rent up until July. MIGHT. After that her savings will be totally gone, and she'll have nothing to pad her income to meet the rent.

And if that happens........I dunno what we'll do. She can't go home. She can't live with either son. So it would be back to the nursing home I guess. But she can't afford that either.:faint:

mother in law is so distaught over this she is a wreck, to put it mildly. She wrings her hands constantly.....she can't eat, can't sleep. She's snappy. And she ripped poor sister in law a new one really really bad. And people I've never known my mother in law to ever raise her voice! Sister in law has known mother in law for 50 yrs......it blew her right out of the water, she's as close to her as I am.:(

So think good thoughts, say prayer, rattle those beads.......anything you can think of. We need this house to sell!

Thanks.

trinityroyal

Sending good vibes, saying prayers, rattling beads, and strapping on the chicken livers for a round of dancing.

If there's an open house, there might be other interested buyers. And it might spur the very interested prospect into making an offer, lest she lose out to someone else.

Good Juju coming your way.

everywoman

OMG---in my town that house would sell for at least $300,000---maybe more. For $79,000 you can buy a singlewide mobile home on a 1/4 acre lot.

Abbey

Spork Queen
68K? Can you even buy a house for that amount of money these days??? I hope it goes through for her and the care she needs. Shoot...someone float me a loan and I'll buy the house!!

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
What if we all collectively invested in the house?

Theres a legal name for it - but I'm having a.....OH look a skwirrel brain day.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sending along good thoughts that the prospect decides to move forward.

Oh and some of us can get houses really cheap. Mine cost less than my car.

beth

everywoman

I have a great idea. We could each invest and send our difficult child's to live under Lisa's scrutiny. (Okay---someone make room in a corner!)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Saying prayers. I've heard of the St. Joseph thing before, even saw a story about it on the news once.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
EW

Get thee to the corner. I've got my hands full with my own difficult children at the moment........husband being the biggest one of the lot, and the most trouble. Last thing I need is more.

Thanks everyone. I've got sister in law going over to mow the grass tomorrow morning. All this darn rain made it jump a foot. And of course since I have him mowing......it's supposed to storm. (go figure)

Oh.......Starbie, weren't you wanting to move to ohio?? ;) :D We'd practically be neighbors. mother in law's house is all of about 5 blocks away from me. I know, you and Abbey can go halvsies. lol

A shame. It's a fabulous old house. mother in law willed it to husband and I until I nixed it. He doesn't deserve it after all the money he's taken from her over the years, and I sure don't need another house on my hands. Glad it is no longer even an option. But it's lovely.

Gawd! I hope that woman that wants it so bad gets over the hump and grabs it. mother in law needs the money bad, and she'll never hope to get it for a price like that in a different market under normal circumstances.

Hugs

Sending good thoughts your way... maybe -don't drop the price until after Sunday. That lady sounds like she may go for it, and not want to lose out to someone else. I hope all goes well Sunday, or before. It's the perfect time to buy a house. My aunt just bought a house right outside of Disney..big, beautiful, 2 years old, originally $500k.....it was forclosed on, she got it for 149K!!!!! There are alot of foreclosed on homes in Kissimmee FL.

flutterby

Fly away!
Sending all the good vibes I can muster.

My mom does the St. Joseph statue thing every time she sells a house. Seems to work for her. :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

If I had mine fixed & sold - yeah I'd like a 3 hours commute to my Moms every morning......lol