Need your opinion quick!

busywend

OK. I fell down a couple stairs on Saturday night :biting: (no alcohol involved :D).

My foot slipped right out from under me and I landed with my lower right cheek on the edge of the step. Hit my elbow, too.

I can walk and breathe just fine. I am still sore, and have bruises. I have not felt the need for medical care.

The lower right back is the issue. I would say it is more on the butt cheek. There is a severe bruise. The coloring has gotten worse each day. Was very swollen. But, that is starting to subside.

** Since the swelling has gone down, I have noticed in the middle of the bruise - actually there is black and blue all around one area. This non bruised area is the only swollen part left. It is kind of hard still. So, I am wondering if this hard lump in the middle of a bruise is normal or should I be concerned?
I have no problem with going to the docs - I just do not have a ton of time and I hate to spend the copay if someone here can say 'that happened to me and it was fine in a week'.

Thanks!

dreamer

Um, "that happened to me" -- years ago, I was standing on a chair to reach top shelf of hall closet and fell and yup, banged my heinie and had a deep bruise on my cheek of my behind. ANd yes, in the center it formed a hard knot. I want to tell you it was all better in days, but, it took months. No, I do not mean it hurt bad that whole time, it just took that long for the knot to go away.

Yikes, hope you do feel better soon, sounds awful!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have no real idea busywend but I would imagine that is where the most bleeding occured and will take longer to return to normal. However this is the second fall in not too many weeks so you may want to check it out with your doctor.

N

Nomad

I bruise easily due to a health condition of mine and yesterday I noticed that htere is a product called Jason Naturals Vitamin K Cream. Vitamin K can help aid in clotting and might provide some benefit in healing a bruise. I agree with Fran, especially if you have fallen in the not too distant past, you might want to consider seeing a doctor for a check up.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The bruise you're describing sounds similar to one I had when I got hit by a car years ago. The bruise lasted and lasted and the area swollen was hard, like there was a lump behind it. Mine last for months and the DR said it was just trauma in that area (there wasn't any broken bones). I actually had an indentation after it healed, not that you can see it anymore, what with my bodacious booty and all...hahaha.

It's a bit too late for ice to do anything. It's one of those things you have to wait out. Also, it's best to avoid ibuprofen products if you're waiting for the bruise to go away. Feel better!

dreamer

Yes, it did go away on it's own, eventually, (several months)
I also had no broken bones.....my doctor told me it was "simply accumulation of the blood from trauma" (easy for him to say "simply"- man it HURT!)
and yes, after it went away, it was slightly indented like someone else has said.

busywend

Yes, there is already a dent.

I had ice on it for days. It did help with the swelling and pain.

I feel better - thanks everyone!

Oh Fran, this is the same fall I mentioned the other day. Only one fall! Although I had back pain for some mysterious reason the week before the fall - so that is what you might be thinking about.

LittleDudesMom

My aunt fell at my home a number of years ago and her "knot" within the brusing took several months to go away. But it eventually did.

Hope boyfriend is still pampering you!!!!!

Sharon

trinityroyal

I got hit by a car years and years ago, and had a giant bruise on my butt with a knot in the middle. It did take months, but the knot subsided on its own without medical treatment.

I never got the indentation, but my cheeks didn't match for quite a while.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Me too. When I was hit by the truck. Right shoulder was shattered, but that arm didn't bruise anywhere near the way the left one did. It was so bad they kept xraying it to be certain I didn't have a break they'd missed. I had a huge painful hard knot right in the center between my shoulder and elbow. Stayed there for months and months. While it was tender, it didn't really hurt all that time. And I also was left with an indentation.

Since I had to go to bone doctor for checks on the left arm and skull anyway, I had him check it out. He said it was because the bruise had gone so very deep. He told me it depended on how deep the bruise was as to how long the bump would stick around.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
I am the QUEEN of bruises!!!:yourock:

Seriously, all I have to do is LOOK at a corner of any object and I get a nasty, old-lady looking bruise.

Had the 'knot' ones and doctor said the same thing as others...it's an accumulation of blood that just takes time to go away.

I had an incident in early August (don't think I posted on it) where I broke the very tip of my nose, left cheek and right knee cap. The bruising was horrible, but there is a different feeling when you break a bone. I knew after day 1 that something was wrong.

Only you can be the one to decide that. Hope your hinnie feels better!

Abbey

Identical bruise last year. I was just thinking about that, and how I will never have to walk those awful stairs again.

I slipped, landed on the cheek, and slid down 8 stairs. My cheek hit every stair on the way down. My bruise covered my entire cheek (and we are talking some acreage there) and halfway down the back of my thigh. The knot I thought would never go away, but yeah, in a couple months it did.

You have my empathy. I am glad you have a caring husband.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry I'm late on this. This just happened to me about a month ago. Although the bruise is long gone the hard lump is just starting to go away! Hope you are feeling better soon!