New and confused

missdot

My son has an IEP, diagnosis with ADD 4 yrs ago, and Bipolar less than a week ago. He is in a partial. Should I ask for FBA? Change in IEP? When he is re-established in school, will have a TSS in place. He has acted out (disrespect of teachers), does not complete homework, does not participate in class, thus he was sent to partial. Just want to know since I really don't believe anything the school ever says to me.

Martie

Hi and welcome,

If he has is going to have a behavioral plan (BIP) and he should, then the school must do an FBA. BIPs are required for any student whose behavior impacts their academic progress. That's about 99% of the kids represented on this board. Submit your request in writing and reiterate it by certified mail.

You are a full member of the IEP TEAM THAT DECIDES THESE THINGS, SO USE YOUR POWER.

Martie

Martie

A BIP is PART OF an IEP for a child who has interfering behavior--that's behavior that interferes with HIS learning or the learning of others.

He needs an FBA to get a BIP included in his IEP. Alphabet soup for lunch anyone?

Martie