New things going on

weenie1

crazy mom
husband's surgery postponed. Then the transmission went out in my truck. Had ir rebuilt and then it went out the next day. Waiting on shop to come get it.
My nephew, his wife and son moved into a camper behind my house. It is so nice (not) having them her. They are both bipolar, just recently got on medications so i am waiting for the medications to kick in. They were homeless so what was i supposed to do. This is one of the three kids of my sisters that we raised so it would have been like telling my kids that could not stay.

Yesterday day my neice and her boyfriend got kicked out of where they were staying so now i have them here in my house. But husband bought a camper today so they will be moving into it tomorrow. I don't mind them staying here as long as its not in my house. She is also bipolar and thinks she might be pregnant. She is only 17 not very bright.

Oh yea, my husband brought home a baby squirrel ( like i need another mouth to feed). But I have him spoiled he is so sweet I have had him for 3 weeks. He is 8 weeks and cute as a button. I am going to try to download a picture on myspace. tina farley. if you would like to take a look.

Well I think that sums it all up and to the ones that have post a replie to my other post I am sorry that I did not get to replie computer was down. I have 3 computers know so maybe I can stay online now.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Cute as the baby squirrel might be, try to minimize human contact with him. Years back when I was still raising Maine Coon cats, we found an orphan baby squirrel on the street after a bad windstorm.

We took him in and put him with one of the 'girls' who had a litter of kittens. She did a great job raising 'Peanut' but because he was so friendly and adorable, he got very socialized to humans.

When we finally tried to get him moved outdoors we had a heckuva time. In fact, he gnawed several holes in several outside walls and ceilings to the house in his attempts to get back inside.

You can't EVER let a squirrel loose in the house because they are incredibly destructive. You also can't EVER allow them to become socialized to whatever predators you live with.

'Peanut' was killed in the yard by the same dog that he'd played with indoors

weenie1

crazy mom
I have raised squirrels in the past. husband has already started building him an enclouser in the yard. I have had many htat we were able to release back into the wild so this is nothing new to us. We are hand feeding him right know and that is the only time he is being handled. We will start introducing him to the outside when he is 4 mths old. But with winter coming it is going to be a little more difficult to keep him outside. He might just have to be one that we end up keeping.

Only time will tell. The kids are upset because they dont get to play with him like they do the pups. But I am trying to do what is best for him.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nice of you to take in the baby squirrel. I don't think I could've said no to it either. Actually I know I couldn't have said no to it. I did baby wild rabbits......that was interesting, but didn't socialize them.....took great pains with feeding and such and was careful when getting them ready to go back into the wild. They hung around the yard for years after. I did a wide variety of wild life growing up.

And Nichole has brought home a wide variety as well. Good luck with your newest baby.

Whew! You've taken in alot. I'm not so sure I'd be so generous..........I understand where you're coming from and that they were homeless.......but wow, that many grown difficult children around would make me want to move out. LOL

Keep us updated on husband's surgery.

Hugs