Newfangled electronics, washing machines, refrigerators, alarms???

witzend

Not sure if that will work as I'm the husband!! LOL! But not a bad idea with the service call.
It's not that hard - you don't need a man for that. You only need an imaginary cheapskate husband for telling the guy "no" and getting him out of your house. Just pop the top or front off with a putty knife on or screwdriver, unplug the old board and plug a new one in. Pop the top or front back on and you're done.

If your not sure how to pop the top off and plug the new one in, just look on youtube. There's hundreds of videos showing how it's done.

Lil

It's not that hard - you don't need a man for that. You only need an imaginary cheapskate husband for telling the guy "no" and getting him out of your house. .

:rofl:

I think you read his post wrong. Jabber is MY husband! I mean, he could pretend to have an imaginary cheapskate husband...but he's pretty big and hairy and butch. LOL!!! But I'm a cheapskate wife...so...equal opportunity here.

InsaneCdn

@Cedar?
Ummm....
Music isn't gonna help your whites stay white.

It's either your water, or your machine... because I just KNOW you aren't mixing other colors in with your whites.

witzend

:rofl:

I think you read his post wrong. Jabber is MY husband! I mean, he could pretend to have an imaginary cheapskate husband...but he's pretty big and hairy and butch. LOL!!! But I'm a cheapskate wife...so...equal opportunity here.

Unless Jabber is there when the repair man comes, what the repair man doesn't know won't hurt him. Never let the repair man know that you are the cheap one.

Scent of Cedar *

Just pop the top or front off with a putty knife on or screwdriver, unplug the old board and plug a new one in. Pop the top or front back on and you're done.

Witz, you are amazing.

Here is a refrigerator fix: We had neither water nor ice. YouTube suggested things we might try. None of them worked. D H went to an appliance parts store and talked to the man behind the counter, describing what we had learned about what the problem might be from YouTube.

Then, he bought the part the man suggested, and installed it just as the man had suggested.

Fixed, and for a third the cost.

Cedar

I do think it's the water here, IC.

Water from the tap is terrible. I think it has something to do with synthetic fabrics, too. They don't bleach well. Someone told me I should fill the laundry room sink with bleach and soak all the whites overnight.

Right.

That is when I first considered the possibility of black underwear ~ even for men ~ instead of white underwear. D H is balking at this, so we are moving slowly.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

:O)

I like snowy white towels, that's the thing.

And white washcloths.

We found acceptable ones at Sam's, 8 bath towels for $24.

They are nice and white, so I am happy.