Ok computer people

flutterby

Fly away!
I need a little assistance.

I ordered a laptop from Best Buy online last night.

I'm supposed to get an email so I can pick it up. I should have had that email....oh, about 12 hours ago. I spent an hour on the phone with a lovely lady in customer service trying to get the store to respond and they didn't. So, while I was on the phone with her, I called the store and got a sales associate. He asked my name, then put me on hold for a long time. He then came back and asked me for the model number. I don't know why, because all he said was they were very backlogged with dotcom orders and they don't have them all pulled. When they get to mine, if they have it, they have it, otherwise they'll refund my money. But, not to worry because they don't charge my account until they have pulled it. Except they have. Oh, but that's just a hold. Ummm...it's a hold on my checking account so that's money I don't have access to with no guarantee I'm getting something that I have paid for since I don't have access to the money.

Can you tell I'm annoyed? The lady in customer service really tried her best, but there wasn't much she could do. She did say if I couldn't get anywhere with the store to call back, have them change the order to ship it instead of picking up and they'll waive shipping charges.

I have since tried several times to call the store again to talk to a manager and no one answers the phone. I've let it ring at least 20 times each time. I understand they're busy, but it's not like Black Friday is a surprise.

So, even though I had a helpful lady in customer service, if this store doesn't pull my order (because you know they charge your card right away, but it takes several days for a refund to go through), I'm going somewhere else.

TIA.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And this is yet another reason why I will never again shop Best Buy. I have my own teeth-grinding stories to tell :D Sorry you're getting the runaround. I hope they find your order and just ship it soon!

klmno

How much you wanna bet they messed up and sold it today in the store during the sales? Sorry- I don't know that much about comparing them- I've only bought two in my life and tried to stick to name brands and models. But, if I have to sell this one when I move I plan to replace it with a lower scale laptop.

DammitJanet

I had this problem with ToysRus with a toy that I called the store to hold for me and paid for over the phone. It wasnt there when I got there and it took them two weeks to refund my money and they couldnt ship me one from wharehouse because they were out of stock. Ticked me off.

This is why I go stand in those lines to buy my items. Or have them shipped to store with Walmart. Never had a problem there. Call and see if Radio Shack has any of their laptops left. They are good.

flutterby

Fly away!
This isn't a Black Friday sale item. As far as I can tell, it's the normal price.

The laptops for the Black Friday sales didn't have the specs I wanted. She needs speed and a good graphics card for what she plans on doing with it - along with other media stuff.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Odds are in the frenzie they put it out to sale. Someone didn't notice that it was a hold item. Unfortunately, I can completely understand that. It is crazy right now. But, the store should take care of you in whatever manner.

Abbey