Only Duckie: "Germophobes shouldn't break bones."

tiredmommy

Duckie has been a real trooper with her broken wrist this summer and has done her best not complain. She is finally healed up and got her cast off yesterday. She had tears in her eyes after the cast was cut off so the doctor asked her if something was wrong. She said "No, I've just been waiting six weeks to wash my hands and now I see how disgusting my arm looks". The Dr chuckled and told her the dead skin would come off within a few days with soaking and gentle washing.

Not good enough for the Duck! She asked me to stop at a drug store across the street to get a gentle exfoliating cloth, some gentle lotion and some bronzer lotion. She then had me slather her up in the car and gently remove most of the skin right there in the car. Why couldn't she wait? We were going to lunch with husband and she didn't to be forced to see how "gross" it was while she was eating. :hammer:

T

TeDo

Oh, does that sound like something difficult child 2 would do!! Glad to here she healed and stuck it out like a trooper. Ice cream sundae for dessert? You know, for her pain and suffering and "germ" tolerance. LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
Love the manicure suggestion! Much better to be Duckie than my difficult child who would probably be picking at it during his lunch!!

tiredmommy

Lol, the Dr commented on how clean the arm was and asked her if she had gone swimming every day. "Almost, and sometimes twice a day."

And, he noted that her arm was significantly less atrophied than one would expect and she piped up "Well, I still had to practice viola, just not as much."

So now she has one of those velcro splints to use riding her bike or while dancing and a nice tan line.

It's been a summer to remember.

B

Bunny

Sounds like she took this as well as can be expected. I'm glad that she finally got the cast off and can wash her hands so that she feels comfortable. I like the manicure idea! That sounds like a great reward.

cubsgirl

Aw...glad she got the cast off. It sounds like she has been a real trooper. Hopefully she has a really great end of summer time :)