Pity Party

muttmeister

Well, I know things seem to come in cycles and right now we're in a down one. I know you al can't FIX it but I need somebody to vent to.

I moved to a new city and new apartment December 1 and started a new job the beginning of January as a nanny. Great job; perfect situation. so the woman I work for also had a new job and it turned out to be one of those jobs from hell so she worked 2 weeks and quit. I don't blame her for quitting but that means I have been unemployed since MLK day. She thinks she will be back to work soon; in fact she has a call back interview Monday and I'm babysitting while she goes to it. That is the only halfway good news we've had lately.

I have a wisdom tooth that needs to be pulled but I was putting it off because I didn't have the money for the dentist. Finally it got so bad that I decided to go to my old dentist 3 hours away because they'd just send me a bill and I could pay it later. So I spent $50 on gas to go there and when she looked at it she said it was weak and she didn't want to pull it so she referred me to an oral surgeon near where I live. So I guess I'll live with a toothache because I have no way to pay for that.

Younger difficult child (with 4 kids including an 8 week old baby) is getting his electricity shut off today because he can't pay $300 bill. The temperature here is about 12 degrees.

Older difficult child had a live in fiancé with 2 kids who he supported all year. He was planning on getting a nice tax refund to pay some bills, etc. So girlfriend ran off, took her kids, filed her own taxes and took the money so now not only does he not get a refund; he'll have to pay in a big chunk.

I got a card in the mail yesterday saying I need to change the address on my driver's license. That's not a problem as it's only $12 but as soon as I do that they will want me to change the registration on my car to reflect the new address and I don't have the money for that either.

Younger difficult child was supposed to pay me $5000 out of his income tax refund because they are buying my house. They usually get at least $7000 back. They've both been unemployed for most of this year so when I figured their taxes yesterday with just the W-2s, I found that their total refund I only about $1000. My mother did pay them to help look after her during the 7 months before she died but a lot of that was in cash and nobody reported it. If they claim that $10000 on their taxes they will get a decent refund (not as big as usual, but enough to help). If they don't claim it, they probably won't get in trouble but they should, but if they do claim it they may get audited and then I'm not sure if we can show it all or not. What a mess!

On top of everything else daughter in law just found out she has to have gall bladder surgery.

It is getting to the point that I don't want to answer the phone, check the email, or get the snail mail because I know that there will be more of some kind of bad news that I don't want to her.

Say a little prayer for us that this cycle will end soon because I've about had it.

tiredmommy

(((Hugs))) Mutt, I'm so sorry for all you and yours have been going through. I'm saying a prayer right now that life makes a 180 immediately.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((mutt)))

It certainly does all seem to come at once, doesn't it?

I can't help with much, but for younger difficult child, have them drag out the phone book and contact local churches. Have them get onto their social media page and look up local community pages and have them post their situation and ask if there is help available. People will know, trust me. But most especially during winter in these temps/weather, local churches will do their best to help a struggling family out. Also, often just paying the past due amount is enough to prevent/delay shut off of service. (can you tell I've been there done that?)

It never hurts to ask. All people can do is say no.

keeping you in my prayers.

DDD

I'm sending supportive hugs and a caring prayer your way, Mutt. My hope was that everything was going great for you. DDD

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Sending good thoughts and lots of prayers to get through this down time.

Sent from my iPhone using ConductDisorders

helpangel

So sorry having a difficult time, seems it doesn't just rain it pours! I know the feeling well, currently feel like on lifetime payments paying for last years heat (my boiler was down for 3 years heating on electric)

You might want to check with your county health department to see if have a dental program... I know what it is like to have a bad tooth you can't afford to deal with (I pulled one of mine myself, but NOT A WISDOM TOOTH don't try it!)

If they call the electric company and explain situation (make sure to mention kids in the house) they will work out a payment plan or refer to resources to get help paying shut off amount. My state regardless of how far behind they will keep the power on till March because they got a lot of bad press a couple years ago they found an old man frozen in his home he had paid his bill but the check had 2 different amounts so was rejected by his bank.

I hope her interview goes well on Monday it sounded like a dream nanny job after dealing with difficult child's. Fingers crossed you get back to work and things settle down soon.

Nancy

Nancy

busywend

They can not turn heat off with a baby in the house!!! They need to call and tell them that.

sent from mobile phone

DDD

Mutt I just had another idea. Do you have a college nearby? Our local one (just moved up to a 4 year) has a dental program where supervised students do procedures. I doubt wisdom teeth are included BUT the head of the college program "might" be able to aim you to a help program or a caring oral surgeon. It's a long shot but maybe?? Hugs DDD