Popping In To Ask A Question About Unusual Reading Instruction Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDD

I don't know that I have visited this Forum before...I've been around ten years and hang out in other areas, lol. I'm trying to find information or access to a reading method that was used to help GFGmom learn to read...almost forty years ago!The method was used by a wonderful Australian Psychologist in private practice. It was so effective I'm wondering if it isn't available somewhere today. All sounds were color coded soonce the child learned the sound/color association they were able to begin reading. As an example "azure aahh". I don't recall the others. The text was color coded so the student could go from sound to sound making words and ultimately learning to read.By chance have any of you been exposed to this method, read about the method or know of aresource for this method. GFGmom has an eight year old who is way way behind in school, has an IEP etc. but is not making progress. I keep wondering if the method used for her Mommight help her. Anyone? Thanks. DDD

DDD

I actuallly FOUND IT! How I missed it before when I searched I have no idea. Maybe it was the strength of the Board that led me to the right place. I called the school this morning to set my inquiry in motion. Thanks for the vibes. DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.